Friday, November 17, 2006

It Ain't Ever Easy, Is It?

After all that my brother went through, the angiogram came back as fine. Great. Excellent. Strong heart. Yada, yada. He was released this morning.

So what is the pain caused by anyway? Beats me, and it also apparently beats the doctors. He has been turned back over to his primary care doctor who guessed that it might be acid reflux. He's now taking Nexium. Man, do the drug companies love my family or what! He will have a follow up with Dr. D. on Friday. If the Nexium doesn't work, they'll look into an ulcer, which would totally make sense given the stress he's been under. Dr. D's full name is something that always makes me laugh when I hear it. It makes me think of my childhood allergist. His name used to cause my brother and I to laugh so hard we'd almost pee in our pants. His name? Dr.Pissit. I swear I am telling you the truth! My bro. and I would call him 'Dr. Piss-on-it'. Boy were we creative and funny, I tell ya'! Anyway, at least that memory gave me a laugh when I so desperately needed one. As my mom used to say,"Nothing is ever easy or simple in our family." No, mom, it definitely isn't!

1 comment:

only_female_in_my_house said...

Whew -- so glad to read that it wasn't blocked arteries, though an ulcer isn't something to forget out either.

My prayers will continue for your brother, Bev!