Thursday, November 09, 2006

It Always Happens This Way

Today I am taking the boys for holiday pictures. I love getting pictures from friends with their children in them around the holidays, so I send one of my kids every year now too. As most of you moms know, getting pictures taken of your child/ren is never easy and almost never fun. I only do it because I love having pictures of my boys. Oh, and I love to multi-task. This picture will serve as Tot's 18 month picture and S.'s 4 year old picture. If I'm lucky I won't have to have another picture taken of the children until May when the Tot will be 2.

So I'm trying a new picture place; one that allows appointments! Kiddie Kandids, inside Babies R' Us, has always taken excellent pictures of my boys, however they do not allow for appointments. Two weeks ago I had the boys all dressed up only to be told there was a two-hour wait. This has pretty much happened every time I have tried to have pictures taken in the last year. I'm sick of going back after having waited so long. I'm sure the boys haven't exactly liked it either!

But you know what happens whenever you try to have pictures taken. Yep, S. woke up with a bad cough. Of course, I'm not as worried about that since that won't show up in a picture. What I am most concerned about is the black eye Tot is sporting. S. thought it would be fun to knock his brother down in the living room. There is carpet there, but that did not help; it was actually worse. Poor Tot got a carpet burn to the right eye, which in addition the blackness that formed around it, is also a lovely scab. I have tried concealing it with my best concealer, but you can still see a bit of it. I was so angry with S.! He sort-of seems sorry, I guess. Ugh!

The other thing that happened today is that it is going to be in the upper 60's. That's great isn't it? So why am I concerned? Because they both are wearing sweaters with shirts underneath as well as corderoy pants. They are going to roast! Tot is always hot, so I feel the worst for him. This place also tells you to bring a change of clothes. Well, I had matching Gap sweatshirts with jeans for them with a shirt underneath. Yah, normally this would have been fine, but this is Chicago so what did I expect? I told the photographer when I made the appointment that I am not so sure that I'll even be able to get them to change outfits and then have ANOTHER picture taken, so it make be a moot point anyway. I'll have to let you all know how it goes. Please pray for me!

***Next post I'll tell you about my babysitting situation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

l

Anonymous said...

We've been lucky the times we've gone to Kiddie Kandids and haven't had to wait more than 45 minutes. And, since we don't go to BRU very often, the girls kind of like walking around the store and checking out all the cribs and rocking chairs, and of course, the toys. Hope the pictures turn out to your liking! And I hope we can see them, too!