Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One of THOSE Calls

I received a call this afternoon on my machine. It was from my brother who said to me to call back right away. He needed me. Man, I hate these phone calls. I got one last week about my aunt, and heck I got them several times about my mom. I can just feel what the information is going to be when I get those phone calls. Anyway, my 36 year-old brother was having heart pains. Enough of them that he called the doctor. You know men and doctors, so he musn't have felt well! Anyway, he was taken to the ER, and some tests came back as not good, so they are keeping him overnight. One of the nurses in the ER was a very close friend of my moms, so she made sure he received the best care. My mom used to work at that hospital. He is going to be on the telemetry floor tonight, which coincidentally is the first area my mom worked on. My SIL agreed with my dad, that she should tell them that he is my mom's son. There are still people who used to work with my mom there. Yes, it does matter if you know someone in charge of your healthcare. It is sad, but I know for a fact that it is true. I will post when I know more. Of course, my babysitter post is being postponed. If you could, please say a prayer for my brother. We are very close, and I worry about him. There has just been way too many health problems in our family. We need a break.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH!!! Hoping and praying your brother is okay and that the staff gives him extra special treatment!

Tanya said...

Praying for your brother.

formerteacher said...

Sandi., Colleen and Island Girl: Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes. It truly means a lot to me!