Monday, December 04, 2006

Back From a Cold-Like Hell

Thursday morning I woke up, and immediately knew that I had somehow scored the cold that Tot had come down with the day before. Oh, and Thursday was packed with things I had to do, of course! Dropped S. off at preschool, took Tot to the pediatrician, got gas because of the impending snowstorm, picked S. up again and drove to hubby's work to get my flu shot because MY doctor ran out of the vaccine. It took almost an hour to drive to hubby's work. Lots of fun I tell you, especially while sporting a new cold!!!

Friday I felt like I was at death's door, and Tot was all full of snot and having a hard time breathing. Add to that the snowstorm we were having, and let's just say I was sure my babysitter wasn't going to be able to come. Oh, I didn't tell you I found a babysitter. I did, and oh, she is wonderful. I'll expand on that another time. Well, I want to personally thank Mayor Daley, because she was coming from the city, and she made it to my house an hour early. She thought it would take her longer to get to my house, so she left early. Anyway, when she got here, I went back to bed for TWO HOURS!!! I'm giving her a raise now; she deserves it.

I hate being sick. I really do. I don't understand why I've been sick twice already especially when you figure in that I average maybe one illness a year. Prior to having S., I went three years without a cold. I wash my hands so much that I have lotion by every sink my hands get so dry. I take basic hygiene steps to protect myself. I just don't get it. Before I had Tot, if S. got sick, I rarely got what he had. I chalked it up to being sick often during my first two years of teaching. But now it seems when Tot gets sick I get sick. And I hate it; I really hate it! Oh, and now I have so much laundry to do that I don't know where to begin. Oh, I have to wash S.'s clothes, because tomorrow is green day at preschool. Does he even own something green??? Okay, now that I have a babysitter, I think I need to find someone who will wash my clothes, and wash the dogs, put up the Christmas tree, do the Christmas shopping that I am now behind on and send the Christmas cards. And I have to make something for Wednesday's Bible study Christmas celebration, which I would totally ditch if it wouldn't make me feel so guilty. I'm sure there's more, so I better stop stalling and just start doing it.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I keep trying to post

*test*

Hope you feel beter soon.

Kate said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy! Colds are the worst!

It's a little late for this info now, but I *SWEAR* by Zicam Cold Remedy. It's available OTC, and you use it when you start to feel a cold coming on. I've used it for the past 3 years, and have only had one bad cold!