Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Kicked My Own Ass

After feeling more than just down yesterday, I decided I had to DO something, ANYTHING, that might make me feel better. We went to church this morning, and I brought along all of Tot's clothes that he has outgrown. A friend of mine that had a girl first, has a little boy that was just as large as Tot. I gave her all of Tot's BabyGap and Hannah Anderssen clothes. I wanted to give them to someone who I knew would appreciate them. I handed them to her today. Sigh....it was hard packing some of those things up, but it was time.

After church, I decided that a trip to the gym was in order. I credit my regular attendance at the gym, combined with some kick-ass anti-depressants and therapy, for helping me climb out of the depression-like hole that I was in. I didn't feel like going at all, but I knew I would feel much better after I had gone. Bring on the endorphins! Everyone and their brother was there; new year resolutions and all. Simply finding an elyptical machine to use was not an easy task!

After the gym, I felt much better. And my brother and his family are going to come over to have dinner with us tonight, and then watch the Bears game. My nieces and I will be doing something else, I assure you.

I have also been trying to focus on a project, preferably a creative one, to start. We'll see how that goes. I like to be busy, and I need to be busy this time of the year especially. Hopefully, I'll begin to feel as good as I had been for months. Like 7-8 months. Let the games begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your last post, I didn't know what to say in response. I know your title was "post holiday blahs", but can tell it is much more than that. Since you're "kicked your own ass" today, I guess I don't need to think of something. LOL. I wish you luck in conquering (or at least battling) your depression. I know it can't be easy. I hope you truly have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Jen Taurus said...

Hey Bev,

Congrats on the gym. Having this time to recovery has really made me envious of what I could do in my "busy" life rather then my lying on the couch healing life.

I would love some books/magazines/books, however, I just cannot read on the pain med's they make me too sleepy. I'm glad the kids go back to school tuesday because they are tiring me out.

What are you doing with the kids?
I'm going to email you our flicker link, you can see how things went down here this past month.

You are wonderful, strong, and doing great. Do not think otherwise. Now, we just have to help my sister fight her 'widow' greif, it's so fresh and raw. I worry about her....

Jen