Monday, February 06, 2006

Slippin' and Slidin'!

That's how we spent our Saturday night. We have had the mildest winter here in Illinois that I cannot really complain. However, I can complain about cooking. I hate it! I really do, therefore the weekends are no cooking days. Out we went on Saturday night in the cold. It was mildly snowing, but we didn't think that was a big deal, because it usually isn't. We did notice that it was a tad slippery on the way to pick up our food, but no big deal. I have 'traction control' and ABS brakes! They'll save us! Yah, right! On the way home it was very slick. When we made the turn into our subdivision we turned a bit longer than expected, but J. was able to correct it quickly. However, at the stop sign closest to our house, the car in front of us slid and almost ended up in someone's front lawn. ( I thought to myself, 'I am SO glad we don't own a house on a corner lot!' Nice, huh?) And then we went to stop and found that we couldn't! It must have only lasted a few seconds, but I found myself saying,"Guys!", like anyone could do anything. I was very scared. We had hit a patch of black ice, and we just kept sliding. Hubby was able to get us righted again, thank you God, and we made it the block to our house.

It is things like that that make you realize what you have. Tater tot had been screaming the entire way home that night, and yes, I'll admit it, it was really getting on my nerves. We couldn't do anything for him, because we knew no one should take off their seat belt. Safety first! When we made it through that patch of black ice, I reflected on how much my boys, yes all three of them, mean to me. They are my everything!!! I'll need to remind myself that when S. does another one of his 'things'. Oh, I am now in my hubby's bathroom because it is right off of the family room. That way I can keep a close eye on my boy. So far, so good. I do not like hubby's bathroom at all! I'm sensing a re-model here. Ah....what mothers will do for their children!

3 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

This is why they have delivery.

Just kidding. Glad your safe.
Send some winter this way. Were getting sick of the sun and cool temps.

JT

Jen said...

wow! That sounds scary!!
I agree-pay the delivery fee next time! hee hee
Glad you're safe!

formerteacher said...

Yah, delivery would be good, but of course the place we wanted to get food from doesn't have delivery! Ugh!

Yep, I can do without the cold weather!!!