Thursday, February 02, 2006

Now It's BOTH of Them, and Going Back Into the Classroom!

Both of my sons have been downright cranky today! Tater tot has two teeth, and is about to sprout two more on top. S. just doesn't listen, and I don't know what to do. I thought that when he pooped on the potty today without me reminding him or asking him continually, that today was going to be a better day. Alas, no. Tater tot does not like me out of his sight, and now that he can move---roll around---he does not want to be placed in the play pen that just a few days ago he loved. We haven't been able to use the bouncy seat or swing for weeks. But the play pen or exersaucer he loved. Not. any. more. So as if having one pain-in-the neck child wasn't enough, now I have two. I do feel bad for Tot as I know teeth coming in just can't be loads of fun, but I cannot sit with him the whole day. Besides, S. wants me to also be with him constantly. Good times. When does preschool start???

***I also have a question. What is your discipline strategies? S. has been in so many time-outs and has had so many of his treasured items taken away, but he just hasn't cared a bit. I even took him outside today thinking he might have cabin fever, I DO, and let him run around on his own, our yard is fenced in with a lock on the gate. What did he do? He picked up piles of hard dirt, and threw them at the windows. The first time I heard that BOOM! sound I about jumped. So back inside. Anyway, I am at a loss of what to do. Has anyone ever swatted their child on the bottom? Please help! I asked my son if he wanted to go to daycare. Yah, I really am that frustrated!

Onto tomorrow. I am going to my niece's school tomorrow to be a guest reader. It was supposed to be my brother, but he unknowingly scheduled my younger niece's birthday party that day with two other neighbors' children who have also just turned four. My older niece, second grade, thinks my brother is coming anyway. Wait until she sees me. I am excited. I'd rather read to a group of second graders than deal with my older son right now. My brother is going to be watching my two boys plus helping to run a birthday party full of 4-year old little girls. I can't believe we came from the same mother! He has patience galore, and he actually was the one who told me he believes in the occasional spanking. And he is a great dad, his children well-adjusted and not in fear of him. I just don't know. I don't know what to do. I do know that I am going to enjoy my return to the classroom tomorrow. My niece will be so surprised, we have a great relationship. At least someone will be happy with me tomorrow!

No comments: