Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Sound of Silence

Right now both of my boys are sleeping, the babysitter's on her way, I am then going to get a pedicure, and I have a piece of flour-less chocolate cake with raspberry sauce awaiting to be eaten while I am watching "Gilmore Girls" and drinking a glass of wine. I need the pedicure to relieve stress, the chocolate cake as an incentive to come home and the glass of wine to tune out the stress. My source of stress is my beautiful 3-year old son. Let's just say we are running out of places where he can be successfully, and humanely, contained. Oh, in case you're wondering, the Listerine did not come completely out of the carpet. So we are going to steam-clean the carpet yet another time. And if my computer would start recognizing my camera so I could post pictures for you all to see, I would, but that is also a source of stress around here. Serenity now. Serenity now.

*As a sidenote here, today is my dad's birthday. He turned 55, and is not happy about it. 54 he said was fine, but 55, not so much. Middle fifties. The man seriously looks like he's in his 40's. And I feel like such a dud around him because the man has so much darn energy! (He must have ADHD. I swear that when he describes his childhood in school, it is evident to me that that was what he had. And now as an adult, he knows how to channel that energy positively.) He also is the most physically fit, muscular person I know. When it is warm here he cycles every day. Last summer, he rode 125 to raise money for MS. 75 miles there, and then 75 miles back. He's in tremendous shape! Yes, I am proud of him. No couch potato is he! I only hope that someday I can be half as physically fit and feel as good. Right now I am in pain from my exercise class last night. Jeez! I feel like I'm 80 or something!

2 comments:

MB said...

Wow...blue listerine. Ack! Happy b-day to dad! Tell him to go ride another 150 for me so I can get this flab off of my a$$.

formerteacher said...

Thanks guys! It appears that most, if not all, of the Listerine is gone. And I did do my math wrong; my dad rode 150 miles.Yah 75+75 DOES equal 150. Aren't you glad I wasn't your child's teacher! I blame it on having lost my mind in this past month.

Oh, that chocolate cake was SOOOOOOO' good! Course, I could literally hear the weight coming on. Oh, well.