Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's Gone Daddy Gone, the Love Has Gone Away

I ovulated, so the feeling is gone. No sex since Monday. So we are officially back to being 'normal'. Oh, goody.
My friend who had triplets a year ago just told me that she is pregnant again. ON HER OWN, NOT TRYING AT ALL. They had their first child as well as the triplets with the help of IVF, so they did not think they ever would get pregnant without help. Now they are going to have FIVE children FOUR and under. Maybe that's another reason the feeling is gone. She is the second friend of mine this month to tell me she is pregnant on her own after doing IVF. Wow! I have been feeling my usual endo. pains, so I doubt that I'm pregnant, which is good. Everyone is scaring me lately telling me I'm going to get pregnant since I am not using birth control. I sincerely doubt it. However, upon hearing the above mentioned pregnancy, I am thinking that the big V better happen soon; J agrees. We'll see if that leads to action. Problem is that this is J.'s busy time of the year, so to take a Friday off for surgery will be hard to do. Not impossible, though. So the following are some reasons why getting pregnant again would not be a good idea.

I shouldn't get pregnant because:

1. I had severe PPD this time, which my psych. says would likely be even worse next time if I got pregnant again. That would surely mean a stay in the hospital and an even longer recovery. I'm not into feeling that bad ever again.

2. I am on anti-depressants that could cause birth defects.

3. Things are finally becoming more controllable around here. Tater tot is at a good age. I'm enjoying my boys right now. I don't think I could handle another child. I am already spent.

4. Kids are darn expensive!

5. I don't enjoy being pregnant anymore. I did the first time. I did not the second time. Been there, done that. Don't want to do it again.

6. Our house is too small for more kids. We are at capacity right now.

7. I am able to exercise, which has really been a blessing. Hurts like hell when I do it, but I feel great afterwards. I am an endorphin addict!

Reasons why being pregnant would be a good thing: I might have my little girl. That's all I can come up with.

J. and I are going out. The sitter will be here, and I will be having a glass, or two, of wine. Add that as another reason why I shouldn't get pregnant!
Better go now as I just heard J. say to S., "Get off your brother." Yah, two boys are enough.

BTW, the title of this entry is from an old Violent Femmes song, from the EIGHTIES. Yes, I am that old.

3 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Bev,

Don't risk it. my mom thought she'd try for a girl and she had 4 boys first. Talk about alot of kids.

I think you need to move past the mason dixion line to have a daughter. That's how our family got granddaughters.

One was born and passed away so there was a total of 4 southern girls in our family. The rest have boys.

Here's something funny, pregnant girl named her baby sadie, I don't care for the make. Actually she hated this third unplanned pregnancy so I see baby #4 in the next year or so. Three girls, sadie, your mother hates you. This name is from the 1900's.
Dh pointed out that she has really bad names for all her kids, so it's a southern thing.

Jennifer

Jen Taurus said...

Oh yeah, only 1 grandson was born in the south, but he's a major hick state, so there's further explianation.

Kate said...

It's a hard decision-- one that we're facing as well.

I was talking about it with a friend the other day, and she said, "If you found out today that you were pregnant, how would you feel?" -- and I realized-- I'd be overjoyed. I don't think I'll be having anything permanent done just yet. So, ask yourself that question, and there's the answer. :)

Good luck whatever you decide.