Sunday, January 08, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday!

Tomorrow is going to be busy. First, my younger son is NOT a night owl like his mama is, so I am up bright and early. Well, just early, because we are up before the sun is a shinin'! Yesterday, we watched the sun rise together. I actually enjoyed it. I had an hour of Mommy-R. time as I let S. sleep until 7:30AM, and I told hubby to sleep in. I rarely get much time alone with my little one, so I really enjoyed it. Plus, I got all the laundry washed, dried, folded, hung and put away. Oh, and I ate. All right, I will admit it, I had a lot of caffeine and my ADs which target some place in my brain that was making me have no energy prior to taking them. However, when naptime rolled around, I was ready to take one myself. Not only had I been up literally since the crack of dawn, but S. and I went to the vet. before lunchtime to get my furry baby's rabies shot. How come no matter what type of doctor I am going to see, there is always some mix up, and I am waiting WAY longer than I should be. The reason this time? One of the vets. apparently took my dog's file WITH him into a room. That's what they said. We were only in an exam room for 5 minutes, I kid you not! Total time at the vet.'s. One hour. Watching my son's face as he saw all the different types of dogs come through the door. Priceless. Plus, I got to talk to some adults, and dare I say this, S. was fantastic! The drawback to seeing all of those dogs is that my allergies kicked in big time. The rest of the day I was sniffy and sneezing. Another reason why I have a small dog--less hair and dander. It's a shame really, because I am a huge animal lover.

Where was I am? Oh, yah. My busy Monday. S's tumbling resumes after a long winter break. S. is no longer in diapers. We rarely have gone out in the last two weeks, because did I mention that S. is no longer in diapers?! Tomorrow we are going to do it, though. We are going to his hour long tumbling class. And I am bringing an extra pair of everything just in case. And I will be bringing my baby boy, 'tater tot', with as my sitter is starting student-teaching tomorrow. Damn her for wanting a career that doesn't involve my kids. She will be coming by later in the evening, though, as I, please don't laugh, begin my first ever exercise class ( I don't count college). It is a dance/workout class, which is even worse, don't you think?! But I have friends who have been taking this class, and since I know I would never actually exercise to a tape and will only do it if I am with other people, well, there you go. If it wasn't for peer pressure, I would likely never attend a class, so I'm hoping this 'positive' form of peer pressure will help me lost this last ten pounds that seems to be all in my stomach! Hopefully, it will also help with my depression. Evenings are not the best time of the day for me.

So, up early. Regular 'getting kids and me ready in the morning' stuff, tumbling, naps, dinner, sitter comes, exercise, and I will probably be home before J. who is playing basketball tomorrow which is why I have to hire a sitter in the first place. Why is it that the woman seems to be the one who has to find the sitter to do something she wants to do, but the husband can just 'check' to make sure it's okay with the wife before he attends something? A post that is soon to come: Being a Wife and Dealing with Guilt. It'll make more sense later, I promise.

Okay, important question. How many of you believe that my son will NOT pee in his pants during tumbling tomorrow?????? Any takers????

1 comment:

Kate said...

No pee! No pee! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I think it's great you're going to exercise class! I wish I had the motivation.

Evenings are the hardest for me, too. I wonder why that is?