Tuesday, February 22, 2005

It's the Little Things

Today I woke up to find that Jeff had cleaned the top of the stove. It probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most, but it is to me. Usually, Jeff will clean up after I've cooked. This usually involves clearing the table and loading the dishwasher. It does not include, however, wiping down the counters or cleaning off the stove top even when it is pretty clear that they are dirty. I have mentioned that cleaning the counters and stove are part of cleaning the kitchen to Jeff since we were first married, to no avail. So I just accepted that this was the way it was going to be, and if I wanted them wiped I needed to do it myself. This morning just seeing a clean stove made me so happy. I forgot to do it last night, and knew it would have stuck on food on it. Yuck! So it being cleaned for me was just such an awesome surprise. Either I am very easy to please, or this is just a sad commentary on my life:)

Well, I thought the best was over, but it wasn't. Steve and I went to his tumbling class, and for the first time EVER, he sat down by himself during circle time and sang the hello song. Usually we have a little battle about how he needs to sit; it's only for five minutes. Not today! And he was doing so well. I was just so proud of my little boy!

Next, we needed to go home and eat lunch so I could get him to nap a long enough time so that he was not cranky at my OB appt. That all went well, and I even got him to go down 15 minutes early! Imagine my surprise when I heard the garage door open at 2:45PM. Unfortunately, being the pessimist that I am about a husband coming home from work early on a weekday, I immediately thought,'Oh, no! He's got the flu! Or maybe he got fired? Well, no they wouldn't do that, they just promoted him.' I really need to relax a little more. Jeff is feeling run-down, but he came home more to help me out. He watched Steve while I went to the doctor's and ran a few errands. I feel so much better now. I am just so surprised because this is Jeff's busy season. What a guy! It really is the little things that make me feel better.

On another note, my OB appt. went well. I do not have to go to jury duty. Phew! Course, I did forget the note he wrote, so I have to call back tomorrow and have them send it to me. Oh, and surprise of all surprises, I am measuring big! The doctor even asked me to remind him how big Steve was, and he commented that this is going to be a big one too. I told him I felt 9 pounds, he didn't disagree. He chuckled and said, "And you're so short." I said, "Tell me about it. I'm already uncomfortable." There's just no room for a big baby in my tiny 5'4" frame. I guess there is, obviously, but I just get so darn uncomfortable and it starts early on. Then he asked when I'd like to have this critter. I asked him,"When CAN I have him?" I was hoping for a better answer, but no, I can only schedule a c-section 1 week before my due date. I am so afraid I'll go early, and have to go into labor again, all for nothing. That was hell. Recovering from both types of birth was not fun. I was beyond exhausted! I know it is not in my hands, and I really just want this baby to be healthy. So we shall see when he's ready to make his appearance.

3 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Bev,

Quit worrying about the kids. Your baby is going to be fine and beautiful,. I know we worry.
THere's a mom at daycare expecting #2 anyday now, she was excited to report she was 1 cm already.
I know when I have #2 which i gotta stop talking about, I will have a scheduled csection. I still need to make an OB appointment, it's been almost 3 years since I've had one. Didn't realise that.

As for the stove, I know what you mean. Dh thinks cleaning the kitchen is loading the dishwasher.
I have to clean like a nut, table, stove, fridge, cupboards, sweep, etc. It seems like my DH won't do anything else. He dirties the bathroom but won't clean it. I do not take out the trash, I refuse. I will pile it up to the ceiling before i take it out. I am petty like that.

Tomorrow were expecting some wicked weather, I hope it's a false alarm, if we make it to March without a major Storm this will be wonderful.

Chloe is so delightful and wicked at the same time. I cannot understand it. She's testing her independence and testing us at the same time.

I'm gonna run. Did DH get a promotion, is that what you said?
They don't promote at the bank, too expensive right now while they are cutting costs. THey stink.

Jen

formerteacher said...

Hey, Jen!

I think it is a guy thing about not cleaning stoves and countertops. Most women I 've talked to deal with the same thing. Oh, and I laughed out loud when I read that you refuse to take the garbage out; that you'll pile it high before you'll do that. I, too, have employed that method. Works too, course it also gaurantees a nasty response. Oh, well. Can't have everything.
I sure hope you didn't get that major storm. It's abou time for srping, don't you think?! Course, you will be getting spring a lot earlier than we will! UGH!
Jeff actually got promoted about a year ago, and now manages his department, along with being the supervisor of two collegues. He's a controller. He's the numbers guy; sure isn't me!
TTYS,
Bev

Anonymous said...

Bev,

I would agree it's a man thing, except my 5 brothers always cleaned the entire kitchen. Guess their wifes are luck. I do like when DH uses the washer, he cleans it out so when i go to use it I don't have to transfer a load of clothes in the dryer. I am guilty, I don't do this or am consious of this . Oh well.

WE actually just got rain today.
It's quite chilly though. Raining and gloomy. I feel good though. I don't ever remember feeling so good. After my rants about the south yesterday. I just hate my commute, but I don't know where else I'd have these great benefits and good pay.

I am a numbers person too. I hate to admit it. Dh is a cool, but i handle all the $$ and bills. It stresses me out alot, because I feel guilty for all the $$ that goes out. It's necessary, I mean I do need new clothes every so often. I was so cheap I'd only shop at clearence, now i cannot find anything at Old Navy on clearence, so I figure if I want something in My size or Chloe, I just need to buy it while it's on sale. This weekend i need to shred a ton of papers. I did my taxes tonight and was pleasently surprised. Funny thing it was saying we owed $11k make me laugh.
We don't even have that much income. I'm curious how we will fare this year on one income. Time will tell.

I also plan on selling chloe's old clothes on the bulliten board at work. I usually take pictures and list each item. I have alot of new stuff, she grew out of it quickly. I will reuse this money for 2005 woredrobe, however she's picky now and i just don't want to waste anymore money on sales and clearence without her liking it. Everything needs to be princess, yes this is my fault.

I will write to you tomorrow. I hope you had a good day. Sorry about the dog, maybe the groomer made the dog mad. I swear our groom was drunk one time when she cut our shih tzu's. I sweare I smelled alcohol on her. Is this a stressful job? I wonder.

Jen