Tuesday, February 08, 2005

What Do You Think?

Jeff is going to be doing some work on a house that our church bought. Our church is getting it ready for a family that is in need. The house has been getting some major updates as it still appears to be the 70's on the inside. At any rate, Jeff is in a basketball group through our church, and their mission project is doing the necessary work to get this house in shape. It does make me kind-of laugh since Jeff is not handy at all, and cannot even paint! I'm not sure what he does, but whatever it is, is appreciated. Well, next Saturday they are scheduled to be there at the house all day. The cool thing about our church is that they always offer childcare. So Jeff volunteered to take Steve to church to be taken care of, and that way I could have the day to myself. Some background info. here: Jeff has been taking care of Steve on the weekends and has been really letting me get all the sleep I need; you rock honey! So anyway, I kind-of feel like I should watch my own kid since I am home, and let those who truly need the child-care have it. I would LOVE to have a day to myself, but feel that is selfish, especially when the provided child-care is free. I don't know what to do. The nursery attendants love Steve. He is one of the oldest kids in there, my church has a September 1st cut-off and Steve was born in October, and he can play very well independently. They don't have to do much with him, but still, I feel guilty. I almost feel like what would I DO all day? Anyway, I am conflicted. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bev,

I think you should let Stephan go to the daycare and take advantage of Jeff working on the house. I am sure the ladies at the daycare understand and you might be kicking yourself saying you needed it and didn't take advantage of it.

Therapist thinks I have a guilt problem. I guess all us mom's do. What are we going to do? I think it's wonderful that your husband is helping. I'd love to do it but i cannot bring myself to do it. I am supposed to do Junior Achievement and do not think I'm going to follow through. I just don't feel like it.

I really wanted to go to get a video game for the xbox tonight but I forgot my check book. Yes we use lots of checks in the south. Tomorrow night I plan on running several errands. I just wish I didn't have to work for my money to come into my account .

GOod luck with your decision. If you know of any guilt relieving theraphy let me know, I'd prefer cheap or free.

Jenn