Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day, The Married With Children Way

Well, this Valentine's Day has come and almost gone. We did nothing exciting, as usual. In fact, I cooked. It was very nice, however, to spend it with my little boy. We got him a cookie monster card, with Elmo stickers, plus some lift-the flap books; he's been really into those lately. He was so happy. Happy with books and stickers, isn't that great?! Jeff did send me flowers, tulips, which were beautiful. We both exchanged cards in which we had written how much the other means to us. What made me laugh was both of us talked about looking forward to finally living a 'normal' life. Life with each other and our two boys, pure bliss in our eyes. No more infertility treatments. Oh, how wonderful! I have to confess that I still have not thrown out any of my infertility medicine that I have left. It feels like we'll be jinxed if I do. I didn't throw out my progesterone supplements until 2 weeks after Steve was born. Jeff just looked at me, and jokingly said, "Can we throw these out now?", as I was holding Steve. We felt like we had really made it when we did that. I am hoping to have the same feeling this time.

This past Saturday we went to Jeff's work party. It is a really big deal, and jokingly referred to as the H**** Prom. I have never seen so many skinny woman in little sequined gowns in one place before. Of course, I felt like a fat cow. And I just love how people stare at you when you're obviously big pregnant. I just wanted to scream, "Pregnant people can go out too!" I always like to have a glass of wine at these functions to help myself relax, but I couldn't this time, which didn't help. Since Jeff has worked at this company almost 6 or 7 years, I know most people, so I feel a little less ackward, but still. It was very nice, though, being alone, sort-of, with my husband. We hadn't gone out without Steve since December. I think I am going to suggest seeing a movie this weekend. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Hi Bev,

I'm sorry to learn of the loss of Rita. Cancer is so scary. I pray I never get anything deblilitating because my dh just isn't compassionate nor able to deal with things. He wasn't so great when I've had surgery in the past. I wish I knew this before I married him, because when I'm about to get cut open I want someone supportive not second guessing everything. Even with the depression, he second guesses the medicine and the purpose of the dr. I really cannot question this or I will go crazy. I just need to trust the dr and take the medicines. i was really worried about taking welbutrin and paxil.
I haven't noticed much changes.

I have been sick since sunday, I have had this cough and sore throat over the past week. Monday my gland got so swollen my ear hurt and my neck. Yesterday I woke up and both shoulders hurt. I tried to suffer through work because of their new anti-absenteeism campaign. So I made it until after lunch, which I laid down one and then I cracked. I called the ear nose and throat dr.
I have been burning up and getting the chills, I was hoping it wasn't the flu. The dr said it's a nasty sinus infection and to rest and take it easy. I am staying home today to rest, my shoulders and muscles hurt too. I don't know if I got a touch of the flu and this infection. Dh was being an ass because I wanted to lay down, I coughed a bunch Monday night so I was very tired tuesday. He was like get up and do somethinng, you don't need to sleep etc. I was really irritated with him.

Then all of sudden he was being so nice and offering to get me pillows and stuff. I really don't understand his motive, maybe he needs the medicine.

Well I hope your doing alright over all. Chloe got a polly pocket set for valentines day and we didn't do anything. We haven't celebrated in so many years so it's nothing big. However, I feel this like christmas is shoved down our throats like crazy.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a nice Valentine's Day. Our last two were practically non-existent; I was on bedrest 2 yrs. ago, and then last year it was Katie's bday party, so we ended up eating take-out from Outback in the living room! This year we spent the day with K, and actually got each other gifts, which was a change, as well.

As for getting out to a movie, that's what we did Tues. night. We saw "Hitch" and it was pretty good! I would recommend it - good date movie that's not all cheesy. Also, not much swearing and no nudity. Yes, I'm sure you'll be disappointed about that - LOL!

As for work parties, I say that if you can't go to functions like these skinny, you might as well be pregnant! The looks you were getting were probably more, "Oh, look how cute she is! I remember being pregnant" types of looks than you might think. :)

Gotta run - Katie is upstairs with Daddy and she's calling for me. Remember what you said about feeling good to be the parent of choice sometimes?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Umm, yeah, that last post was from me!

Laura :)

Anonymous said...

Bev,

On your last post you wrote about the Tim McGraw song, I head it once on the radio yesterday as I parking at Best Buy and then once in the store. This isn't my type of music but it was ironic that it was twice in 5 minutes.

I just wrote an emotionally charged post to my mom for her birthday. I'm wiped out now.
Thanks for the people who makes puffs plus because i've used so many today writing that post.
It felt so good, yet so bad. Like a smack in the face. Dh is out with chloe and I am going rest.

I am always the parent of Choice at bedtime. For some reason I cannot say no to cuddling Chloe after missing her all day. I love that little pumpkin so much. I'd love to give her a sibling.

Jen T

formerteacher said...

Yah, Laura,
You're probably right about the skinny people. I'm glad your V-day was good. Ours was OK, but Jeff spent the evening at basketball, so it wasn't that great. I've just learned ot expect nothing and I'll be surprised if something fun happens. Anyway, we migh see Hitch next week. We were going to see it this week, but I was too tired. This baby sure likes to kick! Can't wait for his day to be born. Until then, I am happy for him to stay put. Take care,
Bev