Wednesday, February 23, 2005

And Now It's the Dog Too

I just took my furry princess in to be groomed. Madison is the sweetest dog I know. As I've mentioned before, she is spectacular with kids. Never growls, never snaps, just takes it like a man(woman). Well, Madison 'knew' we were going to the groomers; it's uncanny how dogs can just sense these things. Course, it could be that since Steve has been born she rarely rides in the car on a weekday morning. Who knows? Maddy whined the WHOLE way there, even Steve was trying to comfort her.

When we got there, things weren't any better. She was crying and shaking. Did I mention my dog hates baths and getting her toenails clipped? Anyway, they take her from me as I am filling out the question and release sheet. As I look at the top of said sheet, I notice the following words HIGHLIGHTED in marker, 'Put on muzzle. Snaps when nails are clipped.' Little Maddy is only 8 pounds! I never had this happen when I had a 70 pound German Shepard. And you know what, I agreed with them. Two weeks ago I tried to cut her nails, and ended up having to have Jeff hold her down. For a small dog, she is quite the scrapper! So, OKAY, I'm embaressed about this. No sooner than I had calmed myself down, the groomer comes back, she put Maddy in a cage, and tells me that Maddy 'went after her'. Oh, how lovely. She didn't bite her, which was my main concern, but I was seriously shocked. Oh, and emabarressed and apalled... I have apologized for my child's behavior, but now the dog's too? When did sweet little Maddy become the dog formerly known as 'sweet little Maddy'? When will the insanity end?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev! Sorry Maddy did not have a great appointment at the groomers....I think our animals can misbehave just as much as our kids sometimes :)
I also want to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog recently, I'm very touched and grateful. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without the friends I've made on-line!

Sue
(aussiemummy.typepad.com)

formerteacher said...

Hi, Sue!
I tell you sometimes I think the dog is harder than my son! I used to want to have multiple dogs in my house, I LOVE animals, but now I know I just can't deal with the antics of two kids and a dog with an attitude. Oh, well. She is wonderful with Steve, so that's what's most important.
BTW, you do not have to thank me for my comments on your board about your FIL's passing. I wish I could do more!
Bev