Tuesday, March 01, 2005

My Husband is Nesting

This weekend my husband spent putting together our new computer armoire and decorating the utility room with his degrees and his CPA certificate. He is mourning the loss of his office; it is going to be Steve's new room. Jeff is being moved to the utility room. What else can we do? We only have 3 bedrooms, and I'd really like the boys to have their own rooms, particulary when they are young and on different schedules. I do not relish the idea of getting them down only to have one wake the other up. That's just me, though. Jeff thinks it'd be fine, and maybe it would. But I always had my own room and enjoyed having some space that was just mine. Jeff never shared a room either, until we got married. I know he has enjoyed having an office at home. So it was decided either we move to a new home or he sucked it up and moved to the utility room. I voted for him to move to the utility room; I like my house. You can see won. Oh, most people hve advised us to move the computer to the basement. Well, we can't. I made that into Steve's playroom. Paint, flooring and all.

Jeff also started going through closets, and organized his own with RUBBERMAID containers especially designed for this purpose! I am so proud of him. Of course, the other, more cynical side, wonders just how long this will last. My hubby cleaned people, CLEANED! Really, without me even saying anything. It was awesome! He is getting nervous, he said, as D-Day is coming and there is still a lot to be done. Also, Jeff had to get his things moved out of the office because Steve's new bedroom furniture is being delivered in a few weeks. So we are motivated. And I am so excited to set Steve's new room up! I LOVE the baseball quilt and pillows that I found at The Land of Nod. I originally was going to just buy a solid color comforter for his bed, after all, he's only two and a boy, Jeff told me boys don't care about such stuff, but I could not find a solid comforter. I could not believe that! And unfortunately, about that same time, I typed 'baseball comforter' into the computer, and POOF!, up came this quilt that was just so darn perfect. Would I spend that much money on myself, probably not, but this is my baby:) Jeff said I need to understand I am doing this for me more than him, because as I mentioned previously, boys just don't care how their rooms are decorated. Oh, well. I will be having two boys, and they will have nice bedrooms. Sue me if they don't care!

Baby news: This little guy is starting to kick my butt! I actually wake up when he rolls a certain way because it hurts. Oh, and for the first time I woke up in pain from a leg cramp. I knew I was in pain, but being 2AM, it took me awhile to register what was actually causing it. Lovely. all for a good cause, I know. I just cannot wait for this baby to be born. I am writing this down so I can remember it: being pregnant isn't fun, at least not in the first and third trimesters! It will all be worth it, I know, but I do find pleasure in the fact that I will never have to do this again. I am grateful for this blessing, believe me, but being pregnant isn't all roses. And neither are the first 6 weeks post-partum. After that, though, I cannot wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.hdsmith.com/HD_docs/drugsmith.pdf

Bev,

Check out the above link, my paxil cr prescription was recalled. I went to the pharmacy to get it filled and they told me. I'm confused as to why the dr is still writing it, but I have one of the recalled bottles that I filled last month. Who knows.

I've had a werid/crazy day. I'll check in tomorrow.

jen