Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Can I Have Your Opinion?

On Sunday, we went to my brother's. Every time I went to pick up my son, my SIL warned me not to. She cited premature labor, yada, yada... I said to her that I do this everyday when I'm alone. Steve does get into his carseat himself as well as the highchair, but I still need to lift him to the changing table and into his crib (remember we're still waiting for his bed).

When I was pregnant with Steve, I let everyone do everything for me because I was so scared of something going wrong. Now that I've birthed a healthy baby and need to take care of him, I do more. OK, a lot more. So my question to you is: should I not be picking Steve up AT ALL like my SIL says? Am I being careless or reckless endangering myself and baby of going into premature labor if I do this? Anybody?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that picking up a child up to 35 lbs. during a normal (not high risk) pregnancy is perfectly safe. I have a feeling you'd know if picking Stephen up was straining you. It is hard when you have a child under 3 NOT to pick them up AT ALL - I mean, how does a person do that unless they're never without help?

I did stop using the changing table with K at some poing when I just got too tired of lifting her to it. All of a sudden a changing pad on the floor was looking REAL good. :)

Gotta get some stuff done before - GASP!- Tomorrow!!!!

Laura