Thursday, March 24, 2005

Strollers and Games and Onesies, Oh My!

Today was a good day. The sun was shining, the weather warmer and my baby boy happy. I went to my OB appt. and my doctor was not there. He had a delivery, but the nurse saw me. She handed me a sealed envelope containing all of the info. I needed for my 3 hour GTT test. I am still not going to take it, and by my next appt., at which time I'll be 34 weeks pregnant, I don't think it'll be an issue any longer. The nurse today was so nice. And Steve, well, he must be getting used to my appointments because he just pointed to the little TV in the exam room and said,"Elmo." So we turned on PBS for him, and he was quite happy with that. Well, that and a copy of a 'Bob the Bui*der' book. Steve just loves books! Steve was excellent, and I was so proud of his behavior. Baby Boy is doing well too. His heartbeat in the 140's, and moving, moving, moving! It is starting to feel so real to me that in less than 2 months my little baby boy will be here. I can't wait!

Steve and I went to Toys R' Us afterwards. I needed to get him his Easter goodies, and he is luckily still at the age where he doesn't realize what I'm buying at the store. I got him an Elmo puzzle, a bucket full of 'Barrel O' Monkeys, and a toy Graco stroller----in BLUE. As much as I feel I am an open person, I just couldn't buy Steve a pink toy stroller. Steve just loves putting his Elmo into all my friends' daughters' toy strollers. We bought him a shopping cart thinking that he just liked to push something, but no, given a choice between the two Steve will pick the toy stroller every time. And that's fine. I bought him a doll a few weeks back, a BOY doll---didn't have those when I was growing up, to teach him how to handle a baby. So I am more than OK with him having a stroller, and so is Jeff. Now the grandfathers, well, that's another story altogether!

Our Toys R' Us has also moved clothes into its stores. They had their Cart*rs layette on sale, and for once, I actually let myself buy mutliple items. I am starting to really believe there is a baby boy coming home with me SOON. It feels so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Bev, you really are getting close!

I can't believe they have TVs in the exam rooms at your dr's office - what a great idea! I never really had to take Katie to any appts. after the summer since I went on my way home from work, but geez, I can only imagine what a nightmare it can be to have a toddler in an exam room with you and have him be BORED - not a good combination!

Hope Stevie is enjoying his new stroller. :)

Speaking of strollers and nice weather, I ordered a double jogger the other day with BRU gift cards - of course by the time it gets here we'll have the cold snap they're forecasting, but I'll be ready for summer! We got out today and I used the Bjorn with Matthew. IT was sooooo nice to be out!

Take care and hang in there!

Laura