Tuesday, March 15, 2005

They're Going To the Chapel and.....

They're going to get marr-rrr-ied.........

Yes, my father has officially decided that the woman he's been seeing for a few months now is the one for him. He has proposed, and J., has accepted. I got the 'She'll never be your mother' speech, and was asked how I feel about it all. Truth? I told him when he first started dating her that he better not screw this up. (We tease each other in my family. It's how we show our love:)
I really do like J. I told my dad that she seems like a person my mom would have been friends with. She was also married to a man who died of cancer, and they were married over 25 years. She enjoyed being a wife as much as my dad enjoyed being a husband. They have similiar interests, also. I believe, from what I've seen thus far, that they are a good match.

On Sunday, I met her two daughters, or as Jeff likes to tease me, my two stepsisters. "You always wanted a sister, Bev." "Yah, well not in this way, and not when I was 32!" Anyway. S. and A. are both in their early 20's, and seemed very nice. It seemed like another 'good fit'. So we shall see. They are trying to set a date in September. Being chunky pregnant right now, I already have thought about how much time I will have to lose my weight. Answer? Four months. I know I'll still be carrying some weight, but 4 months is better than the 2 they were originally thinking about!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am officially 30 weeks into this pregnancy. Sometimes I forget, not that I'm big pregnant, but that my life is going to change SOON. Case in point. I went to sign Steve up for the next session of tumbling class. It didn't even occur to me that I would give birth before the session ends. At any rate, the owner asks me if I'm signing up for all the classes in the next session. I thought,'Well, of course. I always do.' Then it hit me why she was asking! I then asked her when the last was. Yes, it is the week I'm due to give birth. If I have my c-section the day after the last class, I'll take him. But the OB originally said we could do it the day before. So I told the owner that Steve's grandma would bring him to the last class if I couldn't. I have no doubt that she'd love to. She went with me to his classes before she went down to Florida for the winter. It's weird, though, to think that my life really will be changing in a short amount of time, and that other people have thought about that, but not me. I am so used to it just being Steve and I every day. It's going to be different, that's for sure!

On another note, I called to check on the status of Steve's bedroom furniture I ordered back in January. I was told it would take 8 weeks, and then 10 weeks by the owner. I chose this store because it is a small family owned shop in town. Also, because my friend who owns an interior decorating business recommended them to me. I immediately liked the owner and his mechandise. It is Pottery Barn-like, but a LITTLE cheaper. Not much, but a little. Plus, I like how the small-business owner typically treats his customers. (We have a few small-business owners in my family). I like how your business is appreciated. Anyway, it has been 8 weeks, so I am getting a little concerned. I talked with the owner and explained my situation. He was wonderful. He called the company who is making it, and then called me back. Wouldn't you know that the maker of the bedroom furniture I ordered is running behind on their orders. Lovely! But, and this is the part about working with a small-business owner that I love, he told the company to send it piece by piece if they had, usually they send it all together. Then he told me they would send a mattress to my home for Steve to use while we are waiting, a NEW mattress. I would never take a used one---yuk! He is going to keep me up-to-date on the furniture's progress in the meantime. I am still not happy, though. It's getting closer and closer to my due date. I didn't just want the furniture before the baby was born, but I wanted to have Steve's new room decorated too. I know that I won't have the energy to get it done once the baby is here. That is why I ordered the damn furniture early in the first place. Yes, I have control issues, and perfectionist issues, too. It's just I wanted my baby boys to have rooms that mommy made for them. I wanted it to be equal. I guess beautiful rooms don't equal love, but it is one way I show my love. One of many. I mean this is just getting a room ready for my son. Why does this have to be a production, too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, control freak! ;) lol!

I'm glad that the owner is being so accommodating with the furniture, at least, since he can't fix the problem with the makers. Yes, it would be nice to have it all done, but maybe you can at least get all the big stuff done (painting, etc) with a plan of where the furniture will be?

Congrats to your dad! I remember when you were talking (gosh, was it a year ago?) about the other woman he was going to marry and how you weren't so sure. I'm glad you guys all feel that this woman is THE one! That would be funny to have new 'sisters' at 32!

30 weeks - time flies when you're gestating (until the end - ha ha!)! Wow, those tumbling classes run for a long time. I'll bet Stevie is becoming quite the little tumbler by now! We didn't sign K up for swim lessons this time because of the baby, and unfortunately library time at our local library is ending in early April. I really want to get her into something while I'm home, though - something she and I can go to together and have some Mommy/Daughter time. I think I'll look for another library time to take her to.

Second to last day of work - WOOHOO!!!! Gotta go get ready. :)

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hey there, control freak! ;) lol!

I'm glad that the owner is being so accommodating with the furniture, at least, since he can't fix the problem with the makers. Yes, it would be nice to have it all done, but maybe you can at least get all the big stuff done (painting, etc) with a plan of where the furniture will be?

Congrats to your dad! I remember when you were talking (gosh, was it a year ago?) about the other woman he was going to marry and how you weren't so sure. I'm glad you guys all feel that this woman is THE one! That would be funny to have new 'sisters' at 32!

30 weeks - time flies when you're gestating (until the end - ha ha!)! Wow, those tumbling classes run for a long time. I'll bet Stevie is becoming quite the little tumbler by now! We didn't sign K up for swim lessons this time because of the baby, and unfortunately library time at our local library is ending in early April. I really want to get her into something while I'm home, though - something she and I can go to together and have some Mommy/Daughter time. I think I'll look for another library time to take her to.

Second to last day of work - WOOHOO!!!! Gotta go get ready. :)

Laura