Friday, April 08, 2005

Can I Keep Them, Please?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been very small-breasted my whole life. I never had the need to even buy a bigger bra when I was pregnant with Steve. Nope. When I went into labor I had my regular 34A on. For those of you overseas who use the metric system, think VERY, VERY SMALL. I was hugely disappointed because I had always looked forward to having larger breasts when I was pregnant. Even my mom whom was also flat chested had larger boobs when she was pregnant. I thought it was a given; turns out it's not. I did not breast feed, but my milk did come in and I have to report that even then, I did not need a larger bra. How is that possible? I thought I must be a freak of nature. My breasts got wider, but that was about it.

After the disapppointment of my last pregnancy, you can imagine my amazement when it appeared that I was getting larger boobs from the beginning of this pregnancy. Even Jeff noticed it, and believe me, he would not lie to me about it. When we went to our first ultrasound and found out we were having twins, I figured that must be the reason. I had very high hormone levels, which did give me bad morning sickness AND, I figured, a bigger chest. Unfortunately, we lost baby B somewhere between 8-10 weeks and I figured that my breast growth would be stunted then too. Of course, I thought of this AFTER I grieved for our baby. I'm not that self-absorbed:)

Imagine to my surprise when they kept right on growing, and growing, and growing! I do admit to wearing push-up bras when I go out sans Steve. I mean I have got to enjoy this while it lasts! And you know you have big boobs when your girlfriends comment to you on it. Last week, I went to Jeff's work for lunch. I do not have many clothes for warm weather, and last Wednesday it was 80 degrees. I told him I was going to have to wear the spaghetti strap tank with a cute Gap maternity cardigan. I told him that 'the girls' would be on display though. With that shirt I can't keep them down. He seemed very happy about that. I am not the only one who is enjoying this new development.' Not that we're having sex or anything; too big, tired and uncomfortable at this point!

I know this too shall pass, but I want to keep them!!!! Please, please please!!!! I have been good. I have put my time in. Don't I deserve this? Sigh.... I was not going to BF, but maybe I will so 'the girls' and me can have more time together. We can't stand to part just yet.

No comments: