Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Productive Day

Today Jeff, Steve and I went to a mall about 45 minutes away to look for curtains for Steve's room and a coming home outfit for the baby. This mall is more upscale than ours, so I figured I may have better luck in finding an outfit for the baby there. Nope. However, I was finally able to find the curtains and rod/holdbacks for Steve's baseball room. I am thrilled! We found them at Pottery B*rn Kids, and both Jeff and I were surprised at how little we spent. The prices for what we bought were comparable to T*rget, if you can believe that. I bought the most amazing quilt/pillows from The L*nd of Nod back in January. I also ordered Steve's furniture at that time. I am a planner through and through.

Steve's room is awesome, if you are into a baseball theme, which we are. We just hope Steve is too. Anyway, Steve's room is painted in Chicago Cubs' colors: red, white and blue. The bottom of the walls are Cubs' blue, the middle border is red with baseball cards in the middle(wood frames the top and bottom) with a plexiglass covering over them. Then there is white up until the ceilings. The border on top of the wall is hooks that hold baseball hats of which we have many, so that is practical as well. On the ceiling is a ceiling fan that has blades that look like bats, a baseball looking ball for the light, and it is all attached to home plate. I love it! Steve's quilt is the MVP quilt that has a baseball diamond/game stitched onto it with baseball looking pillows accompanying it. Today we also bought a baseball lamp and wastebasket from B*mbay Kids. And this week I took a Cub poster signed by former Cubs players such as Ron Santos in to be framed. Jeff's dad got the poster for him, which we really appreciated. It will look great in the room. So, although I may never have my girl, I am having fun decorating my little boy's room. I am probably going over the top too, but I don't care. And SOMEDAY Steve will actually have furniture in his room:) I am going to the store in person this week. Maybe my huge belly will inspire some action.

I feel so much better now that I got a bunch of things done; the laundry is currently being washed as I type this. Jeff has been working so many hours, I am trying to give him a break; he has been doing the majority of the laundry since I got pregnant. So tomorrow I have told him beyond caring for Steve, he is doing nothing. No housework, no yardwork, no grocery shopping, etc. He needs time to refuel. I know I'm 8 months pregnant, but I feel guilty for all of the things he's taken care of. My SIL told me to let him do it now, because once the baby is here I'll be doing a lot again, and maybe she's right, but I have a hard time letting go. As I've said before, I have control issues. I just keep dreaming about this baby, and I am so excited to meet him. Plus, I am getting anxious to not have this sciatic pain/leg and foot cramps anymore. I just pray with all that I have that this little one is healthy.

No comments: