Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Steve and His New Big Boy Bed!

Yesterday Steve's bedroom furniture finally did come in. When I say 'finally', I mean it took 13 weeks! Originally I was told 8 weeks. So you can imagine how stressed out and pissed off I was getting. Last week the owner and I had a little 'heart to heart' talk about why it was so important that this furniture arrive soon. You know, the fact that I am due to give birth in less than a month! I am not a bitch, in fact I am usually too nice in situations like this, but I had had it. I was patient, understanding, and still no furniture. I told him that he needed to do whatever it took to get me this furniture as soon as possible. Imagine my surprise when not only the furniture arrived at the store yesterday, but when the owner and his father came to deliver and set it up in the EVENING when Jeff was actually home. I felt a bit guilty and told Jeff this. He said that they got their money, so screw them. (Well, in so many words. Jeff is the one who lives with me, and thus had to hear all about my displeasure over the situation as the weeks went by with no furniture.)

After the men left, we put Steve's bed together and tried to include him as much as possible. We totally played up the BBB. Steve was smiling, but you could tell he was a little confused. We went through the normal bedtime routine, and then put him in his bed. He insisted on holding his new 'Elmo and His New Bed' book, which was fine with us. When I went to check in on him a half hour later, he was sitting looking like he was actually reading the book. It was too cute! By the next time I checked on him, he was asleep.

I went to bed early, for me, since I believed he would definitely be up a few times before morning. Nope. I heard a cry at 4:30 AM; a scared cry. Jeff heard it a minute later and flew out of bed before my feet even touched the floor! Steve fell out, or got out, of bed and was scared. Poor baby must not have known where he was at! Jeff put him back in bed, I gave him his Elmo stuffed toy, and down he went. Of course, I couldn't fall asleep again. Frustrating! I figured Steve would probably be up at the crack of dawn!

He wasn't. I had my Bible Study class this morning, Steve goes to the nursery, and needed to be up by 8:15. Steve is usually my alarm clock, so this has rarely been a problem. Luckily, I woke up on my own, because Steve was still sleeping! I had to wake him up! Now when I went in there it was so dark; I bought room darkening pleated shades for his room a year ago. The nursery has wood blinds; we may be buying some room darkening shades for in there now! Whatever the reason, Steve did very well in the BBB. I think I had more problems with it than he did.

Fast forward to lunch. Steve has some allergies and the poor boy had a stuffy and runny nose. I gave him some allergy meds. as he ate lunch, and then put him to bed for his nap. He was so tired! Again, I figured there was no way he would take a nap in that bed. He did, but I think I didn't run into much resistance because he was so tired. As he took a nap, I took a nap. When I got up, I felt wonderful! I actually cooked a good meal too!

Now he is in bed again, and I feel like Kelly from the Woman Wonders when I say I think I jinxed myself by talking about how well last night went! I hope not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought i posted to you yesterday but I remember blooger was down. This is so crazy.

How are you feeling? I'm so glad it's friday. Tomorrow is my DREADED Gre. I'll post a blog when I get time tomorrow. I have had an off week at work too. I feel some stress, but I cannot study anymore because i'm overloading. I spent way too much time on this.

Guess what, my #1 choice school is not my #1 choice anymore. i do not have the motivation now. I was on campus and didn't care for it. It's very not convient.

I hope your well. Go Stephan in the BBB. This is great.
Jen