Sunday, April 17, 2005

I (Heart) Carmen

Today I went to have a pregnancy massage, with my all-time favorite masseuse Carmen. I had one pregnancy massage with another masseuse before finding my angel Carmen, and let's just say 'waste of money'! When I got a gift-certificate for my birthday I decided to give it another try as I was getting sooooo uncomfortable. I just called to see if someone could get me in, and Carmen did. From the moment I met her, she was very professional and asked questions no other massage therapist had asked before. I also found out she is certified in prenatal massage. She told me she found the pregnancy massage the spa offers to be just 'fluff'; she does it differently. I was feeling just so bad that when she told me this, I swear I could have hugged her! And another great thing about Carmen: she doesn't TALK during the massage. I swear I have gotten the nicest people before, but they always want to talk. I don't want to talk during a massage, I want to zone out and enjoy it. After all, it isn't often that can find the time, not to mention someone to watch Steve, so I can have a massage.

So I am feeling great right now, well for being almost 9 months pregnant. I owe this to Carmen. I hope my good tip is compensation enough; I feel like nothing will adequately tell her what she has done for me. A little dramatic, eh? Oh, but so true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great news. I hope you can squeeze one more in before you deliver. I hope you feel great.

Jennifer

formerteacher said...

Thanks, guys!
I STILL feel great and had so much energy today. I love Carmen.
Bev