Monday, April 04, 2005

Loving Daylight Savings Time!

As my title suggests, this daylight savings time rocks! As does the weather we had here today. It was in the upper 60's and sunny; a perfect day. Steve and I went and had the car washed inside and out. I have not had this done since the fall, and I love a clean car. Back in the fall, Steve was so bored by the whole carwash experience. He didn't want to watch through the glass windows or wait for the car to be hand-dried. He just wanted to go bye-bye. Today was different. He was enthralled by the whole experience, and sat by my side as we waited for the car to be dried. He even gave the man who dried our car the tip; he was so excited! I was just so proud of him. Getting the car washed was just so easy this time, not like it has been in the past, which was a battle for endurance. Steve loved getting into the clean car, as did I.

Afterwards, I rewarded him with the opportunity to play outside with what has become his most cherished toy: a racing push car. Yep, the one where the baby gets in and the parent pushes him. My son doesn't want to be pushed around in it; he just wants to push it. Last year he loved his little lawnmower. This year it's the pushcar. Go figure. It was just so darn gorgeous here today; one of the few days that I am happy to live here in the Midwest.

Tonight my dad and his fiancee' came over to help move the rest of the office furniture out of the room that is to become Steve's. A charity run by a woman who attends the same Bible study as I do is coming to pick it all up tomorrow. The volunteer drivers would have moved the furniture for us, but Jeff and I felt since our hallways are narrow it would be best for us to move it to our garage and they can just load it from there. I am quite sure the volunteers will be happy about that!

After they come for the furniture, I am going in person to the store where I ordered Steve's furniture from to ask them what is going on with the furniture. It has been 11 weeks; it's time. The owner told me two weeks ago that the company said it may be in this week. I am going to make myself a pest of sorts now until I get this furniture. I will not be rude or offensive, but I believe making yourself known and seen often gets you somewhere. I have followed the rules, and I have not seen any furniture. I believe by going into a store you are treated a bit better; I mean you are right in front of them. Plus, I am huge, plain and simple. I am sure they will believe that I am even farther along than I am. They cannot ignore a huge, pregnant lady. Let's get going guys! I don't have a lot of time!

I better be going. My husband is currently yelling at the TV; he's watching the Illinois game and apparently the refs suck, or the players are doing a crappy job. Either way, he's not happy. Oh, and I now hear my baby boy crying. Swell. Hopefully, tonight I get a shower, helps me relax. Oh, and no acid reflux tonight would be nice too. Last night it burned my throat so bad I didn't fall asleep until after 3 in the morning. I am tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev,

Acid reflux is the pits. I had it with my pregnancy and now I have full blown relfux. Actually what don't I have wrong with me? I am
so tired these days, it's gotta be from the blood pressure. WOrk has gotten so stressful in the past 24 hours. THey are looking to eliminate jobs and combine departments. i honestly don't mind but they are expecting me to do two job's at once. It's like come on. I want to excel and master this but i'm so frustrated.
I told DH we should just have a baby so I can have a different focus and the time seems right. He disagrees, he doesn't want another december baby.

I finally did it Bev, I filled out my grad school application, registered for my GRE and am working on getting professional references. I think this shift at work gave me the push I was looking for. If I'm aggressive it would 18-24 months to become a teacher. I know there's politics but my boss plays favorites to the diva's at work (10 plus years of service and best friends with the director) and he's honestly scared of them.

i'm glad your enjoying the weather.
I have enjoyed riding with the windows down in our car on the drive home. The commute in the am is still chilly. I haven't enjoyed much outside time because i'm so tired.

Take Care and Enjoy some weather for me. SOrry about your furniture but I think your gonna have to play tough.

Jennifer