Thursday, April 06, 2006

Are You Kidding Me?!!!

Today I went to my bi-monthly psych. appointment. My children do not do well when I go there, so hubby stayed with them until I got home. Everything went well at the doctor's, which is good. However, I get home at 11:oo and the children are not dressed. I asked hubby why they were still in their jammies, and he responded,"I didn't know they had to be dressed." He says this as he is dressed in his suit and tie, btw LOVE that, and has you know--showered. I ask you, after being a parent for over 3 years, do you not know that kids need to be dressed. I mean, hell, S. even dresses himself now. All you need to do is hand him his clothes! I would rather him just tell me he didn't want to dress them. THAT I would have believed. Hubby is a very hands-on father, so this excuse just didn't fly with me.

When he got home this evening and asked S. if he didn't have some pants to put on, S. had decided to pull out a t-shirt and put it on himself during naptime, I told hubby,"Well, he didn't know he had to get dressed today." Point taken.

Why do I still need to tell hubby these things? Why do I need to tell him the kids need a bath, or S.'s nails need to be trimmed, I trim the tot's? Hubby has done everything for the kids, so it's not that he doesn't want to be with the kids and do things for them. As I said, he is very hands-on. All of my friends are in awe. I just don't get it.

1 comment:

MB said...

Men are such a hassle. I tell Jim that I keep him around to lift heavy stuff and look pretty.