Wednesday, July 19, 2006

And They Said It Wouldn't Last

Actually no one said that, although I am sure there were those who were hoping it wouldn't:) Yesterday, hubby and I were married 8 years. Together 11 in total. Yep, we had a long engagement which anyone who lives in the Chicago metro. area knows is mainly because the halls fill up so quickly! I'm trying to come up with something as witty and well-written as indigogirl, but it's not coming.

I tend to not be the touchy-feely type. I did express in words that I wrote out in hubby's card how much hubby means to me. I think he was about to fall over. He is so much more sentimental than I. He is a lot of things more than I. He expresses his feelings better, he is more self-less than I can be, he takes such good care of the boys and I, and he is so great with our finances. He is definitely the numbers guy in our relationship! I do find that there are ways in which I am better too. I may not be as sentimental and touch-feely, but I am good at making sure he's taken care of behind-the-scenes---- as in clean clothes, well-taken care of children, arranging babysitters, leaving little notes (etch-a-sketch is great for that!), attending work functions and knowing how things work. I also tend to be the more rational of the two. By this I mean, I am able to see things they way they are without attaching too much emotion to them. I also call myself the street-wise one of us. You know, it may not be a good idea to carry certain things in the downtown area, or you should shred mail and mail all important documents at the POST OFFICE. He thought I was nuts with those two until he heard from others 'in the know' that I was basically right. Oh, and we had to stop payment on a check for a bill that never made it from our mailbox to the insurance company. Yah. I also have been the lucky one in the relationship to have my credit card information stolen from Barnes and Nobles.com. What was it used for??? To create an e-mail account and charge adult websites onto! Do you believe hubby had to ask me if I had done that or not?! There have been other ways in which I have learned that people aern't always who they say they are, and I'm not talking about the ILs here. I can be overly-cautious, but once I trust someone I am loyal for life.

Hubby and I have been through good times and bad. Luckily, more good. He has been my rock. I never doubted that he would take care of me when I needed him to. Never doubted that he would do anything he could to make things better. He is a wonderful father, husband and human being. I wish I had the words to descibe how I feel about him, but maybe there just aren't those words. I don't know. I just love him is all.

1 comment:

imperiowoman said...

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know I've moved
http://thoughthedarknesscomes.typepad.com/mylife

Jenni