Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Booger Mom

Monday night I ended up with endometriosis pain and a lovely UTI. Tuesday began with said UTI, endo. pain and my period which came EARLY. What the hell is up with that?! So today while S. was at daycamp and I was supposed to be having some bonding time with Tot, I was in the Immediate Care Center. Of course, I had to give a urine sample. When I have a UTI, I wear pads. However I did not want the speciman to be 'tainted', so I put a tampon in first. Let me say that blood ended up everywhere. I couldn't figure it out. I've used tampons for two decades. So picture me in the bathroom with the 'cup', Tot is in the stroller making noise, and I am cleaning up the bathroom floor because I figure it would be rude to leave the floor bloody and all. Then I gave my sample. Geez! They gave me some antibiotics, and told me to call in two days for the culture results. What fun!

I then thought I should take Tot to the Storytime they have at Barnes and Nobles. A teacher I worked with is the reader, and I thought it would be something 'fun' Tot and I could do together. Well, he crawled all over, and a mother asked me a question while he did that. At that point, this grandfather says loudly,"Now girls, you need to stop talking. This is for the kids." I stupidly thought he was joking, so I looked at him and smiled. I then realized that no, he was not kidding. I bet he is one of those "In my generation" types, when the truth is that he never spent time with his own kids because that was the wife's duty. So how would he know what normal is? I was already feeling like crap, so I didn't need to be reprimanded like a child. Asshole!

And the icing to the cake was when I went back into the car, and for some reason looked in my mirror, and found a buger in my nose. A very noticeable booger. Now I keep thinking about the woman I talked with, and how she HAD to have seen it as she was talking with me. UGH! Now I wouldn't expect moms at a storytime class to tell me about it, but I would think a nurse at the immediate care center could have told me. I mean, don't they deal with bodily functions and gross stuff all day? I guess now I'll be known as 'the mom with the booger or booger mom' when I go back to that storytime class. How could I have missed that!

1 comment:

Jen Taurus said...

What gives, I was sick all last week with of one thing was pain and my period. Cripes, I didn't sleep for a few days and spent way too many hours in the dr's and hospital having many useless tests run.

I am still recovering. I am almost out of paid time off at work and I gotta restart back injections again. I'm going to update my blog in a few minutes.

As for the booger, maybe it fell down after the fact, i have a coworker who always notices these things and gives me tissues.

One lady had cinnimon roll frosting on her breast and didn't see it, then was pissed cause she walked around like that all day and no one told her. She's a bit older and very self concious.