Monday, July 17, 2006

Yah, Thanks Honey...

Tonight I went to Target with the understanding that I was not buying anything that was not on the list, and I certainly was NOT going to spend a hundred dollars which somehow I always seem to spend. Well, I did buy two things that were not on the list, but that was it. Pretty good, I say, for the first time using this new approach to spending less money. But then I get to the check-out line. I will the balance to come up as less than a hundred dollars, especially since I handed hubby back the coupon he gave me because it required that I spend at least one-hundred dollars. Hey, I think I've discovered a marketing ploy here. At any rate, I spent only........fifty dollars!!! I even remembered to use the coupon for my zit cream. How's that for thrifty!

Fast forward to my homecoming and telling hubby I only spent fifty dollars! (I was so proud of myself). His response,"What the hell did you spend fifty bucks on?!" Yah, he said that. I think he knows he shouldn't have, but he did. And, by the way, he's right. Thanks a whole lot honey!

No comments: