Thursday, July 20, 2006

V Day is Approaching and I Have Some Questions

Tomorrow is the big day, and I'm doing better with it. I have come to realize that I need to make the mature, right, decision and go ahead with it. Hubby is a little nervous, but ready to get the show on the road! He has never had any surgical procedure, unless you count having wisdom teeth removed, therefore, he is a little nervous about being put under and the pain that will follow. So, anyone whose husband has had a vasectomy, can you please tell me how your husband recovered, and what the instructions their doctors gave to them? Some particular questions I have are: when can he begin to walk around? What pain meds. was he on? When could he do things such as change a diaper or pick up his child again? What can I do to aid his recovery? And one question my husband refuses to ask, when can he resume sexual relations? Anything advice you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

1 comment:

FindingHeart said...

Found you on Island's blog and was curious. As for V Day, a friend had his several months back. They didn't numb the correct nerve and didn't know until they were cutting. They went ahead with surgury anyway. (Just realized my toes were curling as I typed that.) he will have a good 3 days of slow movement. Dr should have already told you about resuming sex timeline. I think it was a month to make sure stiches held and the internal surgury sealed and healed.