Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Good News???

Yesterday my therapist called and told me the woman whom she had contacted re: the adoption finally called back. She had been out of town on business. Anyway, she gave us her number, but told us some things about the bio-mother that really worry me. Apparently, she has stopped seeing the OB that this woman set her up with. She said that she doesn't know what kind of prenatal care this mom has been getting, if any. She then said to make sure who she says is the father really is the father. She doesn't want to see a family broken up if the real father were to come forward and want the child back. Those of you from IL might remember the 'Baby Richard' case from a decade ago. The child was over 7 when the state gave custody back to the birth parents because the father didn't know about the child, thus his rights were never terminated. I couldn't go through that. My therapist is going to call the bio-mom today. Then she is going to call us. I told my therapist that she is a good judge of character, and to let me know her opinion after she talks with the bio-mom.

The ironic thing is that I had resolved myself that the adoption was not going to happen. I had gotten used to the idea that we would not be adopting. Well, all I can do is pray that the bio-mom at least talks with my therapist. I am in wait mode, and I don't do well with waiting. I'm not the most patient person in these matters. And now I'm not even sure if adopting this child would be a good idea given the birth mother's obvious issues. I have to worry about my boys, Hubby and I first and foremost. I have to think whether this would be good for them or not. We'll see what happens. Waiting is never easy.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Ugh! Waiting is awful, especially when it's something so HUGE like this! Hope you hear something SOON!!!