Sunday, October 07, 2007

So Much To Do, So Little Time

First off, I'd like to say I am sad the Cubs lost last night. Sad, but unfortunately, not surprised. In addition to that, our Bears seem to suck this year. Teachermom, don't rub it in:) I have tried to get into football for the sake of my marriage, if I didn't I wouldn't see my husband for months, but when our team is so bad it's really hard. I'm also getting tired of hearing my husband yell at the TV for pretty much the whole game. And my yelling at the TV last night during the Cubs game? It doesn't count, okay!

Tomorrow there are three things I need to do at the same time. One, is S.'s preschool is having a field trip at the fire station. Yes, on Columbus Day. It's a Christian preschool; I've already gone over this with several different people. Well, because it is Columbus Day, I can't find anyone to watch Tot, and he cannot come on any preschool field trips. Lovely, eh? So, that means, I can't go on the field trip. I have to leave S.'s car seat at the preschool so some other mom can take my child in their car to the station. Can you say overprotective? Yes, I know. I am so nervous about someone else taking my son in their car that I can't sleep. I keep envisioning the worst case scenario, and kicking myself because I should have just kept him home that day if I couldn't drive him myself. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

I received a call reminding me that I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. I made this appointment two months ago, so I have to go. Well, since I can't go on S.'s field trip, this shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong. Tot's tumbling class is at, you guessed it, the same time!
Obviously, he is missing his class. I actually look forward to this class since a friend of mine attends it with her son too. I feel bad for the Tot, but what can I do? I also need to grocery shop. Yippee! Funsville.

Do you ever feel like you have so much to do, and none of it is fun? I know life isn't supposed to be all roses, but come on.

On the adoption front, I'm going to take it easy on it. I'll think about it when, if, I hear anything. If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, it's better to find that out right away. I have a great family with the two boys. I know that. I'm also protecting myself, so I don't get my heart broken. Because, really, what are the chances it will really happen anyway?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yes there is too much to do and too little time, but I try to take it one day at a time. Sometimes, one minute or one hour at a time and it usually calms me down. I know there's only one of me and I simply can't do everything or be everywhere all at once.

As for the adoption, you're right in wanting to take it easy. My philosophy is that everything usually works out in the end, whether or not I worry about it... so why worry? Best of luck with everything.

Jen Taurus said...

HI Bev -

My laptop is broken and I don't get to on the other computer much.

I will be fixing that once my check comes. I'm going to get a new one. I cannot justify the cost of $150 to fix a laptop when for another $200 I can get a new one.

On the adoption front, I just couldn't do it. i couldn't take these children on and their problems. I know it's mean but I cannot take on more then I can handle. Your a kid and giving person but you gotta protect yourself. We have depression and these heart breaks can trigger those intesnse emotions.

I haven't been able to get pregnant. I was depressed when I was pregnant and it was a very dark place. Now because i"m ni so much pain I'm thinking of a hystercotmy if my new dr will do it. I have to figure things out. Life is too painful for me with this endometriosis. I just cannot win for trying sometimes.

Jenn

Tanya said...

Wooohooo Congrats to our Bears on Sunday! :)

imperiowoman said...

Good luck to you on the baby front! I know how you feel, i've been having "those" thoughts again but my husband is not suppostive at all.

Our air went out as well last weekend and we needed some new part and now it is fixed just in time for fall to return and we don't need the air anymore. I guess I should just be comforted that I will have it next spring.

Jenni