Friday, October 05, 2007

Murphy's Law & Update

Our air conditioner officially stopped working today. Normally this would not be a problem for October 5th in Illinois. However, today our high temperature will be 86 degrees. By Sunday it will be 90 degrees; we could even set a record! I am sweating already, and the windows and fans are all going strong. Tot and I took a drive around just to put the air conditioning on in the van! This is crazy that it is so hot still. I love warm weather, really love it, but not this hot. Oh, well. I told Hubby that at least we know to replace it before next summer. Plus, I'm sure we're more likely to be able to get a repairman over here now than in winter or the dog days of summer. I'm just so hot right now that it's hard to see the good in my air conditioning breaking now.
***Update--I talked to my therapist who put in a call to the woman who is faciliating the private adoption. She is currently on a business trip, but my therapist assures me she will call as soon as she hears from her. It appears the girl/woman is 4 months pregnant, or about that, and possibly of college age. That's all I know for now. We'll see. I'm not counting on anything yet. I don't want my heart to get broken.

No comments: