Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Inappropriate-Who Knew?

My husband and I were watching 'Sex in the City' the other night. It was the episode where Mr. Big calls Carrie because his Hollywood girlfriend dumped him. (This is the first year I have actually watched this show. I know, I'm a loser.) Anyway, Carrie invites him to the cabin Aiden and her are going to for the weekend. I told Hubby that I felt it was inappropriate to invite your ex-boyfriend to your home, especially when your current boyfriend is not fine with it. Hubby then says to me,"I also think it's inappropriate to talk to an ex-boyfriend while you're dating someone else." It took me a minute, but I realized he was talking about me. See my ex-boyfriend called me a few months into my dating Hubby. Hubby was going through this 'I don't know what I want stage.' So when the ex invited me to have coffee, I accepted. Hey, Hubby didn't know what he wanted, right?! I then told Hubby about the invitation. I wanted him to tell me not to go. Instead, he said something like 'he couldn't stop me, or do what you want to do'. I took that as meaning he didn't care, and hadn't figured anything out about our relationship. I wanted him to tell me not to go, and I wouldn't have. I wanted him to be jealous. There was no hint of that, so I went.

I went and my ex told me that he had no feelings for me; he was afraid that he would. Then he told me that he was still very attracted to me. Now, I have to tell you, he was gorgeous. So good-looking that I wondered why he was with me. Let's just say that I was still very attracted to him. I wonder if Hubby would have thought it 'inappropriate' for the ex to tell me he wanted to have sex with me? I didn't say no exactly. I told him I'd call him.

My plan was to see if Hubby had figured out what exactly he wanted. I also wanted to be appreciated, and for him to be happy I was in his life. That weekend, I found out he was very happy to be with me. He turned into the man I know and love today. I called my ex the next week, and said I was with Hubby and no sex was going to be happening. He said he knew I'd call and say that. It was hard to refuse seeing my ex when Hubby was being such an ass. Let's just say my ex is 'gifted' in certain activities. Plus, have I said how good-looking he was? It was very easy, though, to make that phone call after Hubby and I decided to continue our relationship. We both talked about that. Believe me, I told Hubby there would be no more 'I'm not sure what I want', or I'd be out of there! Obviously, he never said that again.

No comments: