Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is It Wrong?

Let me give you a short rundown on the situation before you give me an answer.

A few years ago, I was involved in a 'mom's group' of people who were very fertile. And wealthy. And pretty. Don't ya' hate them already? But anyway, back to the point. There seemed to be a competition of who would get pregnant again first. I was VERY open about my infertility, despite the fact that I was the first to start trying for #2, and the last to get pregnant, but I'm not bitter:) Anyway, no one seemed sympathetic to what I was going through, and after every single one of them got pregnant, that was ALL they would talk about. There were days I went home crying. Can we ask, does anyone have any tact??? One day the talk centered around how many children each person was going to have. Have not try for. One of the moms, who happens to have a very large home, said right in front of me, infertile myrtle, "I am going to fill up all of our bedrooms." Say what??? What pissed me off was that she knew what I was going through, the fact that I was starting my first IVF, and she STILL said something as thoughtless as that. At any rate, she had one boy. She desperately wanted a girl, while I simply wanted to get pregnant and carry to term.

So, she gets pregnant again. She had no qualms about telling us she wanted a girl. Second child is born. It's a boy. Fast forward to last winter. She's pregnant again. She has another boy. Therefore, I ask you: Is it bad to get some satisfaction from this woman not getting what she wanted? I guess she'll have to try again for that girl. Oh, and this time, since she's 36, it will be considered a high risk pregnancy with all of the extra tests. No, she won't ever know what it feels like to be me, but I know what it feels like to not get something I wanted. And now she does too. Ah, satisfaction...

5 comments:

Val said...

Bad or not, I can certainly understand the satisfaction. ;)

Kate said...

If that's wrong, then I'm wrong right along with you. :)

Jen Taurus said...

I never wanted a baby, so I cannot relate to what your going through. However, I so can relate with not getting what I want/need to make my life complete.

Good for her at 36 having another one, because her butts going to be 40 and wiping up dookie and stuff.

It's hard to accept but some people get exactly what they deserve.

One of my coworkers started crying the day I left because it wasn't fair that I got out of that hell hole and she didn't. I felt like telling her to quit living an immoral life and take somee responsiblity for herself. By the way, I hated this girl and wouldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing about my life. she thinks I was swept off to glamourous pastures.

I think you need a new mom's group. It sounds like those women who were on montel earlier this summer, white, rich and going to have a baby.

Sue said...

I'd be secretly sniggering too.... How insensitive they all were, I'd definitely be looking for a new mom's group. Kind of reminds me of a teenage clique of girls who have everything and want everything!

Aimee said...

You are so funny! I hear you though. I hear you!