Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Trivial

The friend of mine who knows the woman who's giving up her baby, wow that's a mouthful!, still hasn't heard back from her. It's been three weeks. She called her again yesterday, but I think reality is sinking in to me. I don't think this adoption is going to happen. I have said that if it wasn't going to work out, I'd rather she decide that in the beginning before we got into things financially and emotionally. If things change, I will certainly let you all know, but I doubt that they will.

Onto the trivial. I'm the leader of a Mothers of Preschoolers group. We meet once a month, and our mission is to support moms who have children 0-6. I have been a member of this group for four years, but this is my first year leading. Anyway, there has been nothing but problems since our last meeting which was a month ago. I've had other people call meetings behind my back where I am the last person to find out, others make decisions without running it by me first, countless e-mails every. single. day. and just today I get an angry e-mail from a woman who sent out an e-mail with the wrong information. What was my offense? I asked her nicely to correct it lest the other group members get confused. I had sent out an agenda of this Friday's meeting which she clearly had not read. Not she is saying she's resigning from e-mailing altogether, and only doing the financial part of her job.

What I really felt was rude was that she attached my e-mail to her to the e-mail she sent to everyone else. I mean, are we in high school again??? Because I am the bigger person, and believe if you are angry with someone you CALL them and not e-mail them, I called her. Of course, she didn't answer. I left a message, a nicer message than I feel she deserved. I even left the times when she could call me. Guess what? She never called back. If this Friday's meeting is bad, I think I'm going to resign. This 'volunteer' job has been taking time away from my family, making me angry and giving me a stomachache nearly every day. I mean THIS IS CHURCH people! I'm clearly frustrated, and really pissed off. Any advice???

4 comments:

Jen Taurus said...

Gotta watch those church women. They get too high and mighty. Living in the bible belt there are some reall hippocrates in the churches, they preach it but don't live.

As you can tell this is a tangent of mine. I'd dump these bitches and get new friends. YOu don't need them anyways. People who stress you out aren't worth the time especially if your not getting paid.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Seriously what is wrong with people. Geesh.

Katie said...

You did the right thing by calling her. There's no use in sending multiple emails to solve a problem. I hope that things will go well at you meeting and you won't have to resign... but if it doesn't, it sounds like you won't miss too much by resigning. I'm sorry to hear about all these problems. You shouldn't have to deal with them, especially with all you already have on your plate.

Sue said...

Sounds like you've done all you can do and very politely too! Gosh these groups always seem to turn into petty little power sessions by some people which is a huge shame. You don't need the hassles, I'd go elsewhere :)

You definitely did the right thing in rising above her pettiness and immaturity!