Friday, September 22, 2006

I Highly Recommend Melissa & Doug Products...

We had a small problem with ONE block in a set of blocks we purchased on Amazon.com. The company who makes them is Melissa & Doug. Last week, I was e-mailed a survey askeing me to rate the product. I wrote about the ONLY problem I had. Two days later, I have a representative from Melissa & Doug calling me to inquire about the problem, and the result was they are going to send me a whole new set! I thought maybe they'd send me one block or tell me how to fix it, but no. The man, Fran, seemed very concerned about my being satisfied with their product. Guys, I never expected anything to result from my survey comment. I really didn't. Them giving me free stuff actually made me feel guilty. I mean it was only ONE block. However, I will tell you this. I am definitely going to buy more Melissa &Doug products, and highly recommend them to you. Obviously, they take care of their customers and their customer service is first rate!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Brody has a couple of Melissa & Doug puzzles... they are the best! I'll have to check out the blocks. :) 'Cause heaven knows, the kid doesn't have enough toys already...

Anonymous said...

'A man named Fran...' hee hee, giggling over here!

I DO love M&D products, though. WAY cool!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE M&D toys, too! Whenever we bring any of their toys to our play group, everyone asks, "Who made that?" Great to hear they have such excellent customer service. Had I known this info a couple of Christmases ago, I would have called them. My husband "played" the tambourine from their band in a box set, and broke it. In his defense, it was only made of paper (the 'drum' part that you hit), but still, a broken toy on Christmas day?? I was not pleased! Anyway, last year, Rachel received the same set from her aunt and the tambourine top was made of a heavier duty material. I'm guessing other parents broke their kids' toys and the folks at M&D decided to upgrade their product.