Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Missed Period, Questions

Good Morning! I am about 3-4 days late. Yep, late. As in going to be the bathroom, please let my period start, late. Now I have shared our infertility story here several times. We are about as infertile as infertile can be. Hubby even had a vasectomy in July. Now he has not produced a sample to be tested yet, but his sperm never got me pregnant before, so we pretty much aren't concerned. Yes, we had unprotected sex. At what I think was ovulation time. To give you more info. than you'd like, I had EWCM, wow it's been awhile since I've used infertility acronyms! I also tend ot be more 'in the mood' around that time, which we affectionately coined as sex week. Now if we were a normal fertile couple, I'd tend to believe that there was a chance I was pregnant, but we're not, so I doubt that. I must say, though, I'm kind-of scared here guys. I have never missed a period unless I had a cyst or was pregnant. Those cysts always came as a result of taking fertility drugs. Obviously, I am NOT taking any fertility drugs! I joked with hubby yesterday about the urologist 'fixing' things down there instead of cutting them. We had a good laugh about that. Hubby asked if he should run out and get a pregnancy test just to be 'sure', but I told him I didn't want to waste the money. Besides, I shouldn't even be having to think about pregnancy tests. So no test, no money wasted. We both didn't sleep well last night.

Hubby even called this morning, and wondered if things had started this morning. He asked the nicest way possible. It is kind-of funny for the both of us to be hoping my period starts when for years it was the opposite. As hubby said, if I were pregnant, it was definitely because a higher power wanted for it to be.

I really doubt that I am pregnant. Really. However, if I am I'm a little pissed because we went through so MUCH to get pregnant with the boys, and now that it would not be a good idea? POOF! I have come to terms with being a mom of boys. Am enjoying the boys even more now that they are getting older. I have finally gotten to a place with my body. It's okay, not great, but okay. In a few years I am going back to work. The light is there at the end of the tunnel. Why not let an infertile woman get pregnant. I certainly know how that feels.

***So question to woman who normally have regular, very regular cycles who were late once or twice and NOT pregnant. What was the reason you were late?****Question to ALL women who might know: What are reasons I could be late??? I'm not particularly stressed, no more than usual. I haven't lost a bunch of weight. I did start a new medication for my bladder aroung the time of ovulation. I have not exercised excessively. There has to be a reason! I don't feel like having to call my doctor up to have an ultrasound to check for cysts, or have a blood test to check my hormones. I am SO HAPPY to not have to go to the doctors anymore!!!

So please, anyone, why could I have missed my period??? Hopefully in a few hours I'll be able to post that my period came and the all is right again!!!

4 comments:

MB said...

I don't have any answers. The only time that's happened to me was when I was pg or had a cyst. I've never been quite that late without those things, so I got nothing.

Did you test yet? Don't you think you should just to have some piece of mind? I mean, it's not all that weird that you could be late just because your cycle is changing... Test, clear that out of the way...

Hugs,
M

Anonymous said...

Wish I had some answers for you! I would probably wait to take a test until I was a full week late, though, because you could get a false negative. I've always kept a record of how long my cycles are because they vary (anywhere from 28 to 35 days--can be maddening at times!). So, if I were the one who was late, I'd have to wait until a week after my longest cycle to take a test. Hopefully it all goes your way!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind in reading posts . . . I just had to say - wow I wish I was so regular! My pd's are so off. I was 30 days late a few months ago and did 3 tests, nothing. I'm 5 days late now (I average 35 days) and I'm not even thinking about it. If it goes 30 days again then I'll do the test. Glad it all turned out o.k.!

Dewdrop said...

My hubby had a vasectomy about 10 years ago. I had a fast growing cyst that was removed in December after missing two months of period (after being like clockwork) and then bled for a month... crazy. So, cyst out. Doc put me on pill to regulate menstrual stuff... been like clockwork since... until this month. I was due on the 9th (remember clockwork), nothing... not a hint of anything. It's like my body just... forgot. I have had some dryness issues since the surgery, but I am thinking... dread, perimenopause, or more dread, another cyst. I hate to go back to the doc... AGAIN! PS, haven't even bothered with EPT.