Friday, September 01, 2006

Out Of the Mouth Of Babes

Today we went to the zoo with a friend of mine and her two kids. We had a great time, but were there for several hours and hit rush hour traffic. Mommy was tired! Of course, when we got home my oldest son, S., had to go to the bathroom. He was in there for a while, and I heard the splashing around of water. Picture a very tired me, so tired that I wasn't exactly thinking about what/how I said something. I yelled down to S. to stop 'screwing' around in the bathroom. A few minutes later S. comes up to me and says in all the seriousness a preschooler can possess, "Mommy, I was not screwing in the bathroom. I wasn't." Now I didn't laugh, but I couldn't hide my smile either. Nope, S. did not get reprimanded. I definitely wouldn't have been able to keep a straight enough face to do that!
***So tell me, what funny things have YOUR child/children said? Come on and share. I know we could all use a laugh!

No comments: