Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Something Good Did Come Out of It

Last night, before my period finally arrived, hubby said he had a surprise for me. I thought maybe a candy bar or the like, which would have been sweet. When I turned around, hubby had these new Sony headphones for my MP3 Player. My old ones allow all sorts of noises to come through, so I have to turn it up louder to hear the music. This one blocks out extraneous noises, so I don't lose my hearing as a result of turning the music up so loud.

When he gave it to me, I said,"Oh, you feel bad, don't you?" He kind-of smiled, and said,"No... (unconvincingly)...I was going to give it to you for Christmas and I couldn't wait." He knew how bad me being pregnant and subsequently giving birth would be for all of us.

Later, when I got my period, we laughed and I said,"Yah, if I had been pregnant, I would have told them to just wheel me off to the pysch. unit. No use in sending me home." Hubby then said,"Well, they're both on the second floor. They'd just have to wheel you to the other side. Hey, maybe THAT'S why the maternity and psych. unit are on the same floor." Yah, because maybe I'm not the only one who loses her mind after having kids.

The big lesson learned here is that the hubster needs to go have that ol' semen analysis done. It's been two months since the big V. It's time. And THIS TIME when I mentioned that to hubby, he didn't get all snippy, and 'When am I going to find the time' on me. Nope. This time he said, "Yah, I do." And he WILL. This I know.

3 comments:

MB said...

Men are so predictable. Glad you got a treat though! Bonus!

Anonymous said...

I find it very funny that you said he got all "snippy", considering the subject at hand. What a nice guy for getting you a treat!

Anonymous said...

Doh! I get behind on blog-reading and I miss all THIS?! Yow!

Glad it was a false alarm. And my guess is you guys (or, rather, J's 'guys') are not quite in the clear yet. We did not get the 'all clear' when C went in for his first SA, which I think was at the 2 mos. mark.

That's cute that he felt the need to give you a present. What a guy!