Saturday, January 01, 2005

I am so happy the holidays are over!

Happy New Year everyone! As one of my New Year's resolutions, I am starting my own blog. Thanks, Jen, for getting me started! I probably won't get any other of my resolutions resolved, but at least I have one.
I am a former elementary school teacher, turned SAHM as my description states. I am very happy to be home with our son, although sometimes I long to go back to work. Anyone else feel this way? I have been 'trying' to have a family for a long time. I am also sick of 'trying'! Trying on our own just didn't work for us. Long story short, several tests, one surgery, and one IUI with Clomid later, I got pregnant. Man was I overjoyed! I miscarried at 9 weeks exactly. Devastated does not adequately describe how I felt after losing my first child. I then got all the info. I could on adoption, I was so sick of uncaring fertility doctors! Well, we chose an agency that specializes in foreign adoption, the former Soviet Union to be exact. After reading through all of the requirements, I got a little, OK, a lot overwhelmed. I also decided I wanted to be pregnant at least once. I spoke with a friend who had gotten pregnant with a very caring RE. I made an appointment, and didn't hold my breath that he would be any different. You see, he would be the THIRD RE we would be seeing, if we decided we liked him. We LOVED him immediately! He was so positive, but truthful. I don't want someone to sugarcoat anything; tell me like it is. And he did.
One month from the day of that appt., I found out I was pregnant with our son. What a miracle!!! I had a few scares with Steve, but he was born to us weighing a very healthy 8 pounds, 10 ounces and measured 22 inches long. The tears flowed immediately from my face the first time I laid eyes on him.
When Steve was 9 months old, we figured we better get going on trying for a sibling. 15 months, 2 Clomid/IUIs, 3 Follistim/IUIs, 1 more surgery, and 1 IVF which was given horrible odds of even working later, and I am now 19w4d pregnant with our second child. God is good! We are having our BIG ultrasound this week, and yes we will try to see the gender of this little guy. I feel it in my very bones that this baby is a boy. I felt this way with Steve, and I was right.
Anyway, Jeff and I feel like we are finally getting somewhere in our lives. I feel incredibly blessed to have a healthy child, and another, I pray healthy, child on the way. Jeff's is where he wants to be career-wise, I am able to stay home, and things are falling, gats do I say this!, into place. I lost my mom a year and a half ago, and although I miss her everyday and will talk about her in future posts, I feel like I am in a good place in the grieving process. I can honestly say life is good; except for my husband's family, but that is a whole other story!
I will try to post a few entries a week, so you can get to know me. Feel free to post. I have met some great ladies on the internet!
Bev

1 comment:

Jen Taurus said...

Hey,

Welcome to blogging. The weather is awsome up here. It's cool but not cold. Joe went to see the Steelers beat up the Bills yesterday.
We've been visiting and eating alot. I am so tired though. We haven't made it to bed before midnight at all since we got here.

catch ya in a few days