Sunday, January 16, 2005

My Son,the Toddler

I love my son more than I could ever explain to anyone. There are days I long to be with adults again as well as get paid for the work I do, but those are getting fewer and far between. Well, they WERE getting fewer and far between. Steve has just entered full-blown toddlerhood complete with tantrums, tantrums, tantrums.

He is like many other kids, and adults, in that he wants his way all the time. For example, if I don't immediately clear his breakfast plate when he screams,"All done.", he freaks out and starts crying. Patience is not his strong point. He is now getting louder. It is now time for mommy to teach him what 'indoor voice' means. He only spends about 2 minutes with each toy; I hear that's a boy thing. He gets bored with his toys easily. He is good about playing independently, though, which I am happy about since his new brother is coming in a mere 4 months. He is also having listening issues. I know he HEARS us, he just doesn't listen. There are days where I have christened him the 'time-out king'. My patience is wearing thin at times.

My husband is happy to be going back to work tomorrow, and he rarely wants a new week to begin. He likes spending time with us, and has been doing a lot of work around here now that I'm pregnant. I always thought Jeff would have more patience with Steve than me, but I don't think this is true anymore. Steve's constant taking off of his shoes and socks really pushed him to the edge this weekend. You see, it is only 8 degrees here in sunny Chicagoland. Steve's feet get cold, but he won't keep his shoes, socks, or slippers on. He likes to take his clothes off period, which is highly annoying. We have come to the point where we have to pin his sleeper on at night so he can't take it off. Otherwise, we have a crying child who is cold, but repeatedly takes his clothes off anyway.

Steve does have some great points about him. He is excellent in public. My friends in our playgroup think he is the calmest, best behaved child. And he is.....when they're around. When Steve was getting tired at the end of last week's playgroup, he told me NO when I told him to do something. My friend laughed and said she thought Steve never said that word. I told her that he most certainly does, and he is pretty much like every other 2 year old child. I am happy that he is not aggressive as some boys are. I am expecting that when his brother gets older that they may wrestle with each other, but at least he's not doing it now. Steve is also a joy to take out. He loves going anywhere! He is wonderful at restaurants, and loves riding in his stroller around the mall. This kid is the best shopper! I highly doubt that I will get lucky enough to have two boys that are good shoppers!

Well, I think my little boy is finally asleep. Time for me to take a shower. I got a lovely rash from a facial a few days ago. Stress relieving, my ass!

1 comment:

Jen Taurus said...

Hi Bev,

It's hard to be patient. I am very impatient. Somedays are more than others. Steve's fascination with dressing and undressing will pass. However, I do not know how long it will last. One annoying habit get's replaced for another. Chloe is obsessed with Chucke Cheese. Everytime the commerical is one she screams and calls us into the room. Then she talks about him obsessively. It drives me nuts.

People cannot beleive she's talking about a rat.
She also has alot of nightmares and over active imagination. She thinks everything is a wedding and everyone is in love. To be so innocent and so free.

It is quite cold here. I've had a headache for two days and hope it's not a migraine returning. I've decided not to persue the public college, it will be too much work. Perhaps another time will be better.
I feel like I have to accomodate my depression right now. I secretly want to get pregnant too. The psych dr know's this. He is more than willing to work with my ob if I do indeed get pregnant anytime. I haven't told anyone about wanting another one, because I feel like everyone questions me, especially family. Finanically right now is not a good time. We are struggling. One of my goals was to get finanically fit this year, I have started some savings but i don't know.
It takes all I have to keep it going. I'll give it a few more weeks. I ordered a flexspending visa card to pay my Psych copays but i haven't received the card yet.
This will easy the burden some because it's tax free money and it's preloaded onto this debit card. I spent about $100 a month between the visits and med's. I usually ask for med samples since I'm being increased in dosages.

Bev I'm gonna let you go. My bed is calling me and I should make something edible for dinner. All i can think of is all the bills I have to pay right now. Ugh.
We didn't do anything this weekend because we bought groceries and that's about it. Dh is good though. He's pretty simple, I'm the one who feels inadeqaute without the money.

Take Care - It's feezing here too.

Jen