Friday, September 16, 2005

The Day the Music (Make That the Microwave) Died, Tales From the Bedroom and a Funny!

There is no other way to say this except to just say it. I blew up the microwave! I was multi-tasking. Steve was in his chair eating his lunch, I had just put Ryan down for his nap, and I decided to put my hamburger from W*ndy's in the microwave while I grabbed the monitor. Note here: W*endy's is the only fast food restaurant in our town which wraps its burgers in aluminum foil, you see where this is going, don't you? Well, folks I am here to say that a lot can happen in a mere 13 seconds. It was like one of those moments in the movies when everything slows down. I ran as fast as I could once I heard the first POP, but sadly I did not make it in time. When I did make it into the kitchen, poor Steve was surrounded by the most foul-smelling smoke---YUK! So I opened up the microwave and the contents were on fire, fire people! I had to run and get a glass of water and throw it into the microwave. Being the clean freak that I am I thought 'Oh, my gosh this is going to make a mess!', before I even worried that the thing might be broken! After the fire was out, I picked Steve up, chair and all, and put him into the living room to eat. At my Ethan Allen sofa table, with sticky peaches to eat, but what could I do? As Stevie is eating in the room he is not allowed to even play in, and looking rightfully confused as well, I called Jeff. Now what the heck I thought Jeff was going to do at that moment I don't know. At least being the sweetest husband around, he told me accidents happen and we'd just buy a new one. This one is not even two years old, and it's a spacesaver, so hopefully all matches up to the tile etc. I feel like such a dope! And I can't help but be upset that now I have to spend a couple hundred dollars to buy the same damn thing I already had! I mean there are many more ways I'd like to spend my money!!!

Thanks to all who posted about my sex, or lack of, problems. We did have a discussion whereupon my husband gave me the 'how could you think I don't find you attractive you goof' look, and all went well after that. The next night we went to church for a parenting class we are taking. I love this class, the people in it, AND that the kids have their own classes meaning I get an hour and a half w/o them and time to feel like an adult. Well, Jeff was running late from work, so he came in his suit. I have a serious attraction to men in suits, call me weird! Well, let's just say folks, the drought is over! It's amazing what a little time sans kids will do, oh, and a hubby that wears a suit! I have been feeling much better this week, knock on wood, so I think that's why I had any interest at all. In the past, I have been the one hoping he'll forget we were supposed to have sex! So I pray this depression stays away!

That same day Steve was boycotting napping/quiet time. He kept banging on his wall, so he lost his Elmo. I told him if he continued to bang on his wall, he'd lose Big Bird next time. Yes, you guessed it, he kept on banging on the wall. So in I go. Steve looks at me, turn around, grabs Big Bird, and hands him to me. No crying, no nothing. I ask you: what is a mom to do? I laughed my ass off after I closed his door, and told our church group about it. Sometimes you just have to laugh!

1 comment:

Jen Taurus said...

Hey Lady,

Could you come blow up my microwave? Honestly, Let Steve eat the peaches at the table, it won't matter in 20 years. I have such a minamal house furnishings.
Electronics, I have tons, housewares, the bare minimum.

I laugh when people talk about updating their curtins with their bedding. I am happy with comfy sheets and a blanket. Growing up with so many kids in our house, we lived simple.

My husband is simple too. Guess were weird. The microwave story is funny though. I've done stuff like this before too. I always seem to do things and then laugh.

I'm glad you like your parenting class. I really avoid church like it's the plague. I just don't know why, maybe because southern religion is so radical.

Have fun knocking on the wood if you know what I mean.

JT

I'd like to have sex more too, but were very tired in our house too.
I'm usually fighting off hubby though.