Sunday, September 04, 2005

Saying Good-bye is Hard!

This past week I finally packed up all of my old maternity clothes, including those that were borrowed, put them in rubbermaid containers, and had Jeff put them in his trunk before I could say "UNCLE!" There is a woman at Jeff's work that loaned me her matenity clothes, and now I gave hers back and gave her all of mine. Which was a lot. Let's just say I overbought here. But it wasn't my fault. Gap put a maternity section IN THE BABY GAP STORE! Knowing how often I shop there for Steve, I couldn't resist. And being serious here, I am only 5'4" inches tall, so I've always had a problem with length when it comes to pants. And I was NOT going to pay a tailor to shorten my maternity jeans, I just wasn't! Gap jeans and Gap maternity jeans come in three lengths. THREE LENGTHS PEOPLE! So if your short, they've got ya' covered, if you're tall they've got ya' covered and if you're average---well, you get the idea. I seriously loved my maternity clothes this time. Oh, and I know why. It wasn't just because they looked more tailored and less like a tent this go-around, it wasn't just because I love GapMaternity--which I do--oh I do!, it was because I had boobs this time; BOOBS! BIG BOOBS!!! and they looked good; even my female friends told me that, and I didn't even ask their opinion. Yes, I am usually VERY small-breasted. As in 34A small-breasted. Let's just say I made it to C-status this time. This is truly the first time I have ever been excited about attaining a C in anything.

I miss my boobs; I miss my big boob clothes. I miss my voluptuous body. Now I have that jelly belly thing going on, and breasts that are only a teeny bit bigger than they were prior to pregnancy. I'll be honest here, if I didn't hate surgery so much and breast cancer wasn't in my family, I'd be thinking about having breast augmentation AKA--the boob job. And I am SOOOO not into plastic surgery; it scares me.

So good-bye maternity clothes, good-bye boobs...it was good while it lasted!

No comments: