Monday, September 12, 2005

Married Sex

I remember a time being tired didn't mean you didn't want to have sex. I remember a time when all I had to do was think of my hubby and I was ready to go. I don't remember sex being like it was tonight. All weekend hubby has been taking down our deck, so yes, I will give him that he's tired. So am I. However, when no sex has been had all weekend I begin to wonder if there has been any new additions to the workforce at hubby's work. Just kidding, I swear! So last night I made it clear we were 'doing it', don't you hate that phrase, tonight damnit! So Jeff comes home from work to eat, feeds Stevie and leaves. Yep, he was home for 30 minutes. So now I am so tired, I am slowly losing interest in the whole sexcapade that I had been telling him was going to happen tonight.

So I manage to carve out an hour of 'me' time, put the kids to bed to early, and that did help. So anyway, Jeff comes home from basketball, comes upstairs and tells me he'll be up in a 'little while'. Ah..I don't think so. I knew I'd be way too tired if it didn't happen in, let's say, the next 10 minutes! I am always so tired!!! I told him to take his shower and come upstairs. I know he wanted to watch the football game; he's a football nut! So up he comes, dog gets thrown out of the room, door closed, usual foreplay, and finally I said let's just get to it. OK, the main event was good. He's gets an A there. Then he cleans up, and LEAVES to watch the game. OK, I DO remember a time when he would spend more than say, TWENTY MINUTES with me. I mean I did just give him sex! You know after Steve was born, we had the best sex of our lives, and now that Ryan has been born, it's kind-of just there. I mean shouldn't my husband be hot for me more? I have heard that there are women out there who have to beat their husbands off of them with sticks, you know what I mean! I know I don't look the way I used to, but I have had two BIG babies, and skin that is stretched out that much just doesn't snap back! Maybe I am unattractive to my hubby now, maybe we both are just incredibly tired, I don't know. All I know is that it sucks!

4 comments:

Jen said...

boy do I hear ya, except it's usually ME who is just like, 'lets do it and get it over with'.
I don't know why either!
I'm just so tired!
I know I"m still attracted to my husband. Usually in an everyday type of a way though.
Like, he'll be on the ground playing with the boys and I'll think, 'man! he's SO hot!" but when the time comes to actually GO to bed...I'd rather sleep!

You are beautiful, and I know your husband thinks the same!
Maybe talk with him...I bet he'll make you feel SO much better!

Kate said...

Sounds like my husband and I. I think 99.9% of it is that we're both so tired by the time we can finally "do it" (I hate that phrase too) that we'd rather just go to sleep.

I have made it my goal to make sure we have sex at least twice during the weekend. One of the times is usually a quickie.

You know what they say though... it's the QUALITY, not QUANTITY that counts. :)

PS- Do you mind if I add you to my Blogroll??

formerteacher said...

Jennifer, Yah, it usually is me too who is notinterested. My husband will approach me in the morning and I am not interested when I have not brushed my teeth or anything! Yuk! So the thing is that if I am thr one who is initiating it, he better take me up on it cuz' it rarely happens anymore! I just thought men are always up for it, ESPECIALLY when the wife is the one who starts it. I always hear how he'd like me to initiate things once in a while, well it ain't gonna happen for a long time now! Thanks for your post!
Kate, Maybe I should have a goal too. Twicec a weekend sounds doable. Oh, and yes I would love it if you added me to your blogroll!

Jen Taurus said...

Rorow... You big sex kitten.
Just kidding. We are in a dry spell right now. I cannot figure out why I'm getting like this.
Sometimes, I could care less.

Dh has a big enough drive for the state of texas, he's always feeling slighted and rejected.
I feel annoyed, constantly being pawed at.

I hope everything else is allright.
I really don't feel like writing much during the week.

Jen