Saturday, September 24, 2005

My Body Image Problem


Above is a picture of me when I was nine months pregnant with Ryan. I gave birth to him a few days later. In this picture my legs look slim, I had boobs, and even my fat arms looked slim. Now I just look flabby.

I want to thank all of you who posted or e-mailed me and told me how good I look. I LOVE you all! I, however, do not feel that I look so hot. In the picture I posted notice how the baby is positioned directly in front of my flabby stomach. I also learned after having Steve that dark colors and patterns are very forgiving, hence my choice of dress that day. I also still have that freakin' double chin thing going on. Will that ever go away?

Yesterday I made the mistake of putting on my old jeans. Now I swore I wouldn't do that until Ryan was at least 6 months old, but did I listen to myself, oh NO! Now I expected the major muffin top and the fact I wouldn't be able to breathe even if I could button the pants, but what I didn't expect was that the jeans would be so tight in my thigh area! What the heck is that about???? I try to tell myself that I had two big babies, but the thing is I am not happy about the state of my post-baby body. I swear at the end of the day my stomach looks about 3-4 months pregnant. Would you believe that I had a flat stomach at one time? Well, not anymore. I had just come to terms with having a slightly pooched out tummy when I got pregnant with Ryan. I guess I'm not 18 anymore, huh!

7 comments:

formerteacher said...

Hey, Laura!

I don't think you want to see another picture of me pregnant:) Yah, I'll get there one day, or I'll just accept that the body ain't what she used ot be!!!

Jen Taurus said...

Hey Bev,

What a round belly you had. You look so cute pregnant. i didn't think I was cute when I was pregnant. I don't recall taking alot of pictures either.

As for the tummy, I plan on having my surgicaly enhanced what I'm done having kids. Unless, I have a bunch of deflated skin then ugh.
I've always been overweight. So, being smaller will be new for me.

Last night a ton of emotions hit me. Today is the two year anniversary that my mom died. My phone has been quite all day. It's been hitting me on and off again. I have been trying to hard to find the books for weight loss locally, but i guess I'll have to order them off the web.

Tanya said...

My Baby FIVE and I am still stuggling to loose the tummy flab. Ugh. No matter how much I loose I still fell flabby there.
I love the preggo picture. =)

Tanya said...

okay sorry about all the errors in the above post! I didn't proof read before posting. =( Sorry

My Baby is FIVE and I am still struggling to loose the tummy flab. Ugh. No matter how much I loose I still feel flabby there.
I love the preggo picture. =)

Aimee said...

Bev-You are so cute pregnant. OMG! I would die to have that perfect basketball tummy while pg. I love your outfit too! CUTE-CUTE-CUTE! With that said, I understand how you feel. I too am working on my flabby figure. My dilemma is the fact that I would like to have another baby one day and am not sure I want to put 100% effort into my body right now. It's kind of depressing to say the least. Anyway-Don't let it get to you. You technically did just have a baby not that long ago. Your body needs time to heal and recuperate. Hang in there!

Love,
Aimee

formerteacher said...

Jenn, Thanks for your comment! I took at least one picture a month while pregnnat; did that with Steve too.
T-I just don't think that flab ever goes away! ANd I do not want to have a tummy tuck, so I think it's here to stay!!!
Kelly, are you serious girl??? I certainly did not feel hot, but I do think I looked better pregnant than I do now!!!
Aimee, thanks for your post! Would you believe that I got the shirt at GapMaternity for 6.97! The jeans are Gap too, with coupon. I am short, and they carry three different lengths and just fit me well whether I'm pg or not. I know what you mean about not wanting to put a 100% back into your body knowing you'd like another pg. And I am going to take your advice--I DID have a baby not long ago! Problem is Ryan is HUGE, so people tend to think he's older, thus I've had more time to get back into shape. Sucks! BUT I love my boys, and wouldn't trade them for a better body!!

formerteacher said...

I am former teacher, guys!
Bev